Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Recap~ Bright lips or gloss?

On Saturday we took a one hour trip to Ramstein where Josiah had a wrestling meet. Josiah looks so cute in his little singlet. Elee does too, but he was unable to play because of a wart on his hand. :(


While the boys were finishing up their meet, my friend and I ventured to a local base (much larger then the one we have here) and went shopping with our little ones. We took Luna and Pace and my friend's little guy. It was an adventure for sure....the kids all took turns crying and whining at various points. But we kept our cool.

We brought along some Yankee Candle coupons (buy 1 get 1 free) and I was really good and only got two. Pineapple Cilantro and Bahama Breeze. Perfect fruity scents for the summer.

I was excited to check out the makeup section too. I generally opt for something light and glossy but this time I wanted something to experiment with. I was looking for a nice bright lip color for the spring. It was like a mini department store with all the makeup there. They had Two Faced, Philosophy, Origins, and NARS beauty counters to name a few. We were like our kids when they see a toy aisle (need to remind you we are not in the States so it's not very often I get to go shopping like this).

After going around a few counters, I came to the NARS counter and tried on some lipsticks. I snatched up the color 'Funny Face'. It's a bright pinkish shade and very fun. The pigment in this lipstick is seriously amazing. It lasted even after our dinner. Next time I'm in search of a lipstick I'll be buying NARS again! The bright color is NOT something I could wear everyday. Sometimes I think it makes people look old. But it can definitely fun.

If you were to try a new color, what would it be?

ps. I made the lace vest and the long loop scarf. The chandelier earrings were made by my mom. ;) Isn't that fun?

Even Luna got a little 'color' from the 'Two Faced' counter.


Bright lipstick in shade 'Funny Faced' (what do you think??? Too bright? This isn't something I can wear everyday, but I will be wearing it on date night next Friday. oh baby! )



Trying to pack the stroller in the trunk amongst all the goodies.... (I love the look of the lace on the back).

This skirt reeeeeally sways. I love it!



Minnetonka suede fringe booties


The look Maggie:
~Minnetonka booties (last mentioned here)
~Long grass ombre skirt (bought at Macy's?)
~Pins and Needles Assymetrical Hem top (Urban outfitters) (last worn here...in a different color)
~Lace vace~ made by moi
~Long loop scarf~ made by moi
~Beaded Chandelier earrings~made by my mom

The look Luna:
~Super cute Faux fur Leopard coat (Old Navy)
~Sweater dress and leggings (Gap)
~Glitter pink legwarmers (H&M)
~Shiny gold boots (Old Navy)

4 comments:

  1. I love the bright lipstick and you look more like mom with the lipstick (a good thing for sure). Remember all she needed was her avon lipstick and she was good to go! Such a beautiful woman and so are you! Love the pic of you and Luna - she's looking bigger already - this is the first time I looked at her and thought wow, a little girl (not a toddler anymore).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lolly! She is getting big, and is really becoming her own little person. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the lipstick!! Great pop of color! And, you are speaking my language on the beauty counter...I am obsessed w/Sephora!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cg! Sephora is great! We don't have that here, unfortunately. But it was fun, great to try new things!

      Delete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!