Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mint ballerinas & Fringe Booties

My all time favorite color is light turquoise/mint. It just so happens that Mint is THE color for the season ~ kind of a light turquoise but mint has a little bit more green in it).  It is just so yummy!  On one hand, I'm so thrilled that I can finally buy things in my color. On the other hand, I'm kind of bummed that I'll be seeing it on everyone. :) Hopefully it won't be too faddish or trendy, & that it can be a classic color for years to come. 

I bought these shoes several weeks ago at a store here in Wiesbaden called Promod. Loooove these little ballerina shoes! Can't wait to wear them!! I will post pictures soon the first time I sport 'em.

I haven't purchased a swimsuit for myself in almost three years. So, since I'm down to my pre-baby weight, I thought I'd treat myself. I made my swimsuit purchase from J Crew. It was that lovely light mint color and had a really sweet ruched top. It looked absolutely gorgeous online. Unfortunately, it was very ill-fitting so it went to the post office today to be returned. So, I'm on the search again....;)

~Have you bought anything this season yet in Mint or light turquoise? What is it? 


Also, I just found these beauties!!! I wish they made them in my size in this color. I have them in in a camel color and absolutely love them (but my booties have one row of fringe). Glad the weather will be getting a little better so I can start wearing them more often (not fun to wear when it's wet outside). Luna will be getting these pink ones for her birthday and we can wear our Minnetonka fringe booties together. So adorable! 

These suede booties sooooooo remind me of my mom. I think of her when I wear 'em.  I remember her wearing little ballet flats that were Minnetonka's. Anything with fringe was her thing; from the boots she'd wear while riding her motorcycle, to her jackets, to her earrings that she made. She was a true Hippie and wild at heart! Boy I miss her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!