The Ultimate Flare Jean~
If you're like me, you love to throw on a pair of jeans and a cute tee and head out the door for those low maintenance days. I'm always in search for the perfect pair of jeans. About a year ago, I was looking for a nice flair, bell bottom sort of jean. I found a great pair on Anthropologie.com by Citizens of Humanity called the 'Angie Flare', but they were expensive!
I've owned a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans when I was pregnant and they were my favorite. When these finally went a little on sale at Anthropologie I knew I had to get them! I paid roughly $100 (60 euro on the UK website) for these jeans. That's really expensive for me, but since I wear jeans all the time, I was hoping it would be worth it. I also got the hem professionally taken up with the original hem attached so add about $20.
These jeans were part of my splurge to getting my body back in shape. I was starting to train for my half marathon and these would be my reward for all the hard work! Hence the size '26', one size too small purchase. I was finally able to squeeze into these bad boys, and I was delighted immediately. Still a little tight when I sit down so I've ordered another pair in my normal size, '27' on ebay for $78 including the shipping. You might think that's a lot for a pair of jeans, but these are the best I've found.
They keep their shape very well which is the number one plus side to this jean. I can wear these three or four times without washing them and I don't get that gross saggy butt. My husband does 'green' engineering and I always joke with him that I'm more 'green' than he is... when it comes to washing my clothes at least.
These jeans are great for many body types. They make you lean and longer because your eye isn't looking right at the bootie but at the nice ding dong bell (especially when you wear them with a cool wedge or heel). Another awesome thing about them is the fact that they are slim fit all the way down to the knee then they flare out. They also have a nice rise (no awkward panty showin' moments in these jeans), and the perfect amount of stretch!
The look: Citizens of Humanity Angie Flare Jeans from Anthropologie, Long sleeve scoop-neck tee from Gap, 'Pins & Needles' asymmetrical tee from Urban Outfitters, Loop Scarf $8.00 (ebay)
Check out the Citizens of Humanity website! http://citizensofhumanity.com/ and click on the 'About the Brand' link. There's a little video to watch. If I haven't won you over already (it must've been the no show g-string comment), then maybe their website will!
Oh yeah, and they are made in the USA!
If you're like me, you love to throw on a pair of jeans and a cute tee and head out the door for those low maintenance days. I'm always in search for the perfect pair of jeans. About a year ago, I was looking for a nice flair, bell bottom sort of jean. I found a great pair on Anthropologie.com by Citizens of Humanity called the 'Angie Flare', but they were expensive!
I've owned a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans when I was pregnant and they were my favorite. When these finally went a little on sale at Anthropologie I knew I had to get them! I paid roughly $100 (60 euro on the UK website) for these jeans. That's really expensive for me, but since I wear jeans all the time, I was hoping it would be worth it. I also got the hem professionally taken up with the original hem attached so add about $20.
These jeans were part of my splurge to getting my body back in shape. I was starting to train for my half marathon and these would be my reward for all the hard work! Hence the size '26', one size too small purchase. I was finally able to squeeze into these bad boys, and I was delighted immediately. Still a little tight when I sit down so I've ordered another pair in my normal size, '27' on ebay for $78 including the shipping. You might think that's a lot for a pair of jeans, but these are the best I've found.
They keep their shape very well which is the number one plus side to this jean. I can wear these three or four times without washing them and I don't get that gross saggy butt. My husband does 'green' engineering and I always joke with him that I'm more 'green' than he is... when it comes to washing my clothes at least.
| The first two pictures were taken at the end of the day AND after having worn then several times. No saggy butt! |
The look: Citizens of Humanity Angie Flare Jeans from Anthropologie, Long sleeve scoop-neck tee from Gap, 'Pins & Needles' asymmetrical tee from Urban Outfitters, Loop Scarf $8.00 (ebay)
Oh yeah, and they are made in the USA!

You had me at "Made in the USA"......oh yeah babe!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I'm so glad! ;)
ReplyDelete