Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Travel~ Amsterdam

Richie offered me to take a couple days to get away when he got home from the States. So, my girlfriend and I took a three hour train ride to Amsterdam! We shopped in I think every thrift store and boutique there. We went into all of them that we could find. The Nine Streets was an area with lots of boutiques and shops. I found an elegant vintage 70's polyester turquoise dress in mint condition, minus the belt. It was a piece that has an interesting cut at the top (halter-esque). ThI'm looking forward to being able to wear it!! Another interesting place was a shop where they weigh most of the items and you buy them by the Kilo. I got one sparkly top for 4 euro and a vintage tapestry purse for eight euro. These two days was such a great time with my friend and a perfect opportunity to reset.  I feel so spoiled. Thank you Richie!

 train ride



beautiful town on water...

trying to find our way with the map on her phone...

We found an amazing burger place with great beer!



Some of Simone's vintage clothing purchases...can't wait to see if she'll be wearing it at our Ping Pong Balls of Fury Party this weekend!!



 Shopping...

We went to the Bierkonig (beer king) and I stocked up with local beer to bring home. Here I have my backpack and a bag full with about 12 micro brewed beers from the Netherlands. Fun to try their local beer. So far, each one we've tried has been really good. My shoulders were sore for daaays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!