A lot of our friends and family ask us what kind of work that Richie does that brought us to Germany. The easiest and the shortest answer is to say that he does energy saving consultations for new military installations in Europe. From all of his efforts, this year he won the Army Corps of Engineer Sustainability Hero of the Year Award. I am totally bragging on him. He doesn't tell anyone about it, but it makes me happy that his hard work and travels have paid off. It makes me proud knowing that he has made a small imprint in change for the better. You can read the following article and get an idea of what he's been doing at the United States Army website. It's pretty impressive what he does. So proud of him and we're happy to have him back home from his four month job assignment in the States. Hopefully he won't be traveling so much this year.
I don't have any pictures of him at work. So of course....what we're wearing.
The Sunday after he came home I came hopping down the stairs. We laughed when we saw what the other was going to wear to church. We totally matched.
Purple Lace dress~ Urban Outfitters ($28)
Swinging Oversized Purple Open front vest~ (Free People website a few years ago)
similar found here at Urban Outfitters
Gray Angora Blend knee sock (Karstadt ~ 5 euro ~ end of season last year)
Minnetonka Fringe Boots~ (Thrifted ~ $35)
Richie's polka dot Polyester Shirt~ (Thrifted for about $1 or $2)
We celebrated our 15 year anniversary in September. I can't believe it's been 15 years! He sent me flowers from the States. Hochzeitstag....15 years baby. So glad that he stopped that
one day, that moment stuck
in my memory forever, to shake my hand and say, "Hi. My name's
Rich".








Awwww! You two are so cute!!
ReplyDeleteI love you. I miss you. And I'm so happy for you both ❤️
ReplyDeleteAlso that's pretty impressive to accidentally match in purple!