Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

From our Front Door into Nature

The day after getting home from our trip a month ago we came home to this. Our cherry tree blossoming! Also, the beautiful yellow Raps (Rapeseed- used for Canola oil).  It feels great to finally be posting these pictures. We took them the day after we got back from our vacation in Spain a month ago. Time is the hardest thing to find. Makes me kind of want to get an IPhone so that I can instantly post pictures to the family. Anyways, We stepped out our front door and started walking up the huge Vineyard in front of our house to the forest. We walked for about 2 hours. 
We are so spoiled. 

I'm amazed at all the things you can find wild in nature that you can use as at-home-remedies for different ailments such as Dandelions (good for detoxing your organs), Stinging Nettle and Raps (which the bees pollinate and is one type of honey that we get down the street from us). The best part is that you can find it in your backyard! We buy our Raps (Rapeseed) Honey from a guy that lives on our street! I love being able to walk there and taste their different types of honey. I use Brennessel Tea (Stinging Nettle) and Dandelion Tincture but have never harvested either myself. Just recently, I was reading on Facebook a friend pulling her own dandelions and I want to try it! Another friend recommending Stinging Nettle to another friend for seasonal allergies. I love how we can go out in nature and find what we need to help our ailments. Just another example of God's incredible design of creation and how everything works together. 

Is there anything found in nature (doesn't have to be in your backyard) that you use daily or weekly as an at home remedy? I'd love to hear about it!


We came home to our cherry tree in full bloom

Elee's potatoes planted in our compost


lots of four leaf clovers


Brennessel (Stinging Nettle)









Raps (Rapeseed)












No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!