Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

DIY project with kids~ Birdies on a Branch Mobile

Spring is my favorite season. Fresh new blooms on the trees, birds chirping, the warmer sunshine...I enjoy all of it! I like birds, except for the crazy birds pecking at the insulation on three separate places under the overhang of our house and driving me absolutely insane. 

My favorite is the Cardinal. Did you know that they are mates for life? When Richie and I were first married and were stationed in Georgia, we would meet for lunch at a lake. Everyday we would see cardinals singing their song and flying from branch to branch to each other.

This Birdie Mobile is a fun and inexpensive activity to do with your kids. Luna helped me paint the birds and I painted the dots with a Q-tip. The only thing new I bought were the wooden Birdies for 1 euro. Everything else was already in my craft/toolkit.

We leave for the Canary Islands tomorrow! I'm super excited to have 10 days with Richie and the kids... on the beach and in the sunshine. Have a great Spring Break!!

Similar project DIY~Repurposing Branches


What you will need:
1.) A branch (great excuse to go on a walk)

2.) Some small wooden birdies or maybe letters of your child's name! (whatever you can find)
(I found a package of the birdies for 1 euro at German version of the dollar store)

3.) Some paints and paintbrushes and some Q-tips for the perfect dots (I reused paints that I had)
*optional* Glow in the Dark paint (we used this on one side of the birdies so that you could see them at night)

4.) Fishing wire to hang birdies from the branch

5.) A hook for the ceiling

Super duper easy how to:
Paint all the birdies and have your kids help you!
Let them dry, and then hang with fishing wire onto your branch at different lengths. 
Simply screw in the hook to the ceiling and attach the Birdie Mobile with fishing wire.





This is the side with Glow in the dark paint. You can see that it's more pastel and isn't bright like the other side. I left one side without the Glow in the dark paint so that the colors would be brighter.







1 comment:

  1. That is so pretty, You did a great job, looks like the birds are flying.

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!