Only a few weeks late, but I got a few pictures on here from Christmas! My Canon was being repaired so I had my older camera to take pictures. Not too bad, but bummed I didn't get to take some good ones. I don't even have a cool phone that I can take pictures with to load 'em easily onto Facebook. That drives me nuts. So...here's what I got of our Christmas in Germany for 2013!
Germany.
The land of Christmas Markets! I really like the way they celebrate Christmas time here. The Markets are open for about a month long which coincides with the Advent time (the time of preparation of Christ's birth). Each Weihnachtmarkt has their own Nativity scene, Gluwein (spiced wine), food, and and different stands to shop at. It was fun to go to a few Markets with Rich's parents while they visiting for two weeks. Here's some of our highlights of our Christmas break in pictures and even another video of the kids!
Rudesheim Weihnachtsmarkt!
(Christmas Market)
Cotton Candy (zuckerwatter)
Gluwein!
Life size Nativity
Belgium style Pommes (with a white cheese sauce)
Mainz Wiehnachtsmarkt
It's so difficult to get through a Market with a big group so we split up. Richie and I took Elee and Pace
Pommes und Currywurst
(fries and sausage with curry and ketchup)
Kartoffelpuffer mit Apfelmus
(potato pancake with applesauce)
Look! It's baby Jesus...and Santa...and Pinocchio!
Heilige Abend Gottensdienst
'Holy Evening' Service (with candles at the end)
Christmas Morning
in our Christmas jammies...can you tell it's early?
She broke her 'Wedding Fund' Bank a long time ago and Papa Richard happened to find two just like it!
We do a puzzle every year for Christmas.
We finished it! What a super fun puzzle! For some reason I was craving candy while putting it together. highly recommend if you're a puzzler person like me. so much fun.
Candy Wrapper Puzzle~ Amazon
Strasbourg, France
Christmas Market that was open after Christmas
This was at the start of the day. It rained the entire day and we were soaked and cold!
He loves his new drill!
Thanks Grandma Margaret
Pace likes it. Mommy is undecided. I love that he plays with it but I hate finding the pieces all over the floor!!
Pace likes it. Mommy is undecided. I love that he plays with it but I hate finding the pieces all over the floor!!
Educational Insights Design and Drill~ Amazon
Date out with Luna (Shopping and eating in Wiesbaden~ after Christmas sales)

If you're wondering...she ate it ALL!
Yes. I hacked his bangs. HE wanted it after I protested...
then he didn't like it, so i took him to a salon. A real one. They gave us tea and gave mommy a capacinno. Elee wants a hair cut now, so we'll be going back.
BEFORE

AFTER
he likes it! he likes it!
and he looks like a 14 year old...all grown up. rrrrrr!
Date out with Luna (Shopping and eating in Wiesbaden~ after Christmas sales)
If you're wondering...she ate it ALL!
Yes. I hacked his bangs. HE wanted it after I protested...
then he didn't like it, so i took him to a salon. A real one. They gave us tea and gave mommy a capacinno. Elee wants a hair cut now, so we'll be going back.
BEFORE

AFTER
he likes it! he likes it!
and he looks like a 14 year old...all grown up. rrrrrr!

MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!! Great pics!! Looks like a lot of fun!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete