Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Learning Lightroom5~ Highlight Color

I bought Photoshop Lightroom a short while back so that I'd be able to edit my raw photos. IPhoto wouldn't read my raw images so I had to upgrade to something. After much research and asking around, I figured Adobe's Photoshop Lightroom5 would be the best option. The next several days after downloading it, I felt I made a big mistake with my purchase. I had to youtube just to figure out how to import photos. What?? I haven't had much time to learn how to use it, and by nature I'm not really a learner. Researcher of products, yes. It's the Myers in me. But learner, it's a time issue thing and time is something I feel I don't have much of these days. However, after learning how to highlight with color in this picture, it gave me a glimpse a hope! 

This is the first photo I chose to learn how to highlight color. It took me about one hour from start to finish (learning it and doing it). It's not perfect, but it puts a smile on my face, and helps me think that maybe I'll be able to do a little more with Lightroom5. The following website helped me learn it quickly. And the best thing, is that it's only five steps. It was very clear tutorial for a nontechy, non-learner like me. If I could learn it in these five easy steps than anyone can!


This is my Dad and his wife Debra just after they said their vows this past summer. 
Each year I make the family a calendar for Christmas, and I wanted to add this photo.  I generally need a deadline to kick me in the pants, and take the time to learn something or do something I've been wanting to do. Yay for Snapfish coupon code expirations!


3 comments:

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!