Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

DIY Repurposing Branches~ Christmas Ornament Centerpiece for under $5

Since I normally kill plants, I especially like that I don't have to water it. I love how these turned out and think I will make one for every holiday by just changing the ornaments..or adding eggs and butterflies for Easter! 



If you like a natural look for a centerpiece this is perfect for you!  It's my modern take on the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. Who doesn't love a little Charlie Brown at Christmas time? This is a fun and cheap idea for any room in your house, including a children's room. You could collect the sticks together, and they could decorate with their own ornaments. The best part is, they won't need to water it. ;) I made a couple of these and love how they have turned out. My inspiration came from my friend Kristina's house, which is like stepping into the magazine of Better Homes & Gardens, and of this website she introduced me to, Nordal.eu, a little Denmark company. 

I picked these branches up during one of my jogs the other day. People looked at me a little crazy-like on the path as I was running with an armload full of branches. I just smiled and kept on jogging. 

The ornaments were 4 euro total for this centerpiece so it cost a total of $5!! Richie won both of the vases in a costume contest.
I used hemp string to hang ornaments with no string. 
Even a few large wine bottles used as vases would look great too.


This one is in our front hallway. I used some leftover ribbon from a different project to hang the ornaments. The ribbon couldn't have matched the ornaments more perfectly! This centerpiece cost about $15 because I used more expensive ornaments- the birds and mushrooms stuck out to me so I bought those. I especially like this one because where it's not so Christmas'y', I can keep it up year round. It looks cool with the wall frames too!





My second photo where I highlighted with color. I like it!
Plus, it's my lieblings farber (German for favorite color).










2 comments:

  1. Maggie, I love this decoration. Next year I'll copy it, mine is red and gold plus pink and silver this year:-) enjoy the season, love you girl.
    Constanze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Constanze! It was great to see you recently! Have a happy start to the new year girlfriend, love you! xx

      Delete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!