Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Wide-leg Velvet Overalls~ Comfy Mama Outfit Post & Running

Four words~ Velvet. Overalls. Plum Purple. 

Yes pleeeease! I love these overalls! I think the kids do too because they always want to pet me. I wore them a few times last year but they were soooo long that if I didn't wear heals, the bottoms would drag along the ground. Because of my hip and foot pain I've been sticking mainly with my Minnetonka booties. They are the most comfortable, flexible, and feel the best on my feet. I finally had the overalls hemmed up so I can actually walk in them with flat shoes. Man, I'm getting oooold!! 

Which reminds me, I just made an appointment yesterday with a sports chiropractor to see if there's anything they can do to help. Running with the jogging stroller two years ago jammed my hip and messed up my running form. I was running a lot of miles and trained for a half marathon using the jogger. It caused me to constantly shift my hip more to one side just to keep the stroller straight. I've tried Physical Therapy, Yoga, stretching, and I've been to an Osteopath. It's hard to write 'osteopath' since in Germany it's called 'osteopathie'. I think I like the German word better. Everything sounds better with an 'ie' sound at the end. Ha. 

I had major pain on the forefoot (not the heel) of my right foot with every step (even walking would hurt sooo bad). It started in my hip during the last mile or two of a half marathon. I'm thinking now that it was from too long of a stride, combined with training with the jogging stroller. So, I took a year off of running completely. I recently started very slowly to train again. I loooove getting outside and releasing my endorphins! The stretching and yoga seems to do well, but it's not healing the injury. 

I've since started Chi Running, using the running form and body sensing as I run, and it's actually allowed me to run a couple miles with no foot pain. I still have to stretch a lot but I'm thankful to get out and run. I still have hip pain but after reading the book and watching the video, I notice there are several things wrong in my form or that I wasn't doing correctly. I always thought I had great form until doing the Chi Running! Richie has used it successfully for about 6 years, while running Barefoot , and ran a marathon with no joint pain or injuries. I decided to finally give this a shot. I'm hopeful about the Chiropractor too. I've known two people who went to this particular place with success. 

 Anyways, I like the same color scarf too. I think repeating a color ties it all in, and the best part is that this loop scarf was only 7 -12 euro (I can't remember exactly how much I paid, but it was over half off). In dollars that's $9- $16.50 which isn't bad for a jersey knit (my favorite), and a well made Tom Tailor scarf. 




you can see how wide the legs are in this picture


a smile for you....have a healthy, happy, and blessed day!
Velvet Overalls~ from Free People
Olive green 3/4 sleeve shirt~ J crew outlet (less than $10)
Plum Purple Infinity Scarf~ Tom Tailor (less than $12)

photo from amazon.com

Running is my #1 alone-time hobby. Wanna know something crazy? I have never listened to music while running!! Never. For me, it's always been a great time to pray and focus all my thoughts.
It's interesting that for the past year or so, I'm coincidingly dealing with a spiritual aspect of endurance running as well. 

Always a race to train for.

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us.




2 comments:

  1. Wherreee did u get those overalls??!! Literally exactly the tyle and color i want!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!