Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Scarf it up~ 9 ways

It's time to scarf it up!!! 


If you're like me, you've already added your winter scarves to a bin at the front door. Scarves can give a plain top a little dimension and can add some personality to an ordinary outfit. I went searching through my pictures and found some different ways you can wear scarves year round. You might be able to tell by the hair styles which pictures are older. I learned some of the names of the knots in Navy bootcamp, but sadly I can't remember any of the names except for the ol 'slipknot', hence 'The Mr. Hurley' at #9. 


What's your favorite way to wear scarves? 


1.) LOOP OR INFINITY SCARF


Probably the easiest to wear...just wrap and go! 
I made this one out of soft jersey knit and made it extra long so that I can wrap it about 3-4 times, can wash it easily, and isn't too bulky.You can also wrap it less times and have it hang lower. 

Luna's loop scarf we got at H&M for 3 euro end of season a couple years ago. That's probably cheaper than making it.


Crocheted Loop Scarf


2.) SELF-TIED LOOP SCARF


I like my Pashima-Silk scarfs, but sometimes the ends get in the way when I'm doing dishes. 
I tie the both ends together, as close to the ends as possible. 
The entire scarf will be a small loop. 
Slip over your head and twist one time. Slip over your head again. 


3.) WRAP IT AROUND~

TRIANGLE SCARF & FRINGE SCARF


I like to simply wrap it around the front neck and bring around both ends to the front. In my opinion the fringe scarfs looks the best that way. You can also tuck the ends behind the neck for another look.
The turquoise scarf isn't triangle but I like loosly wrapping it, and let the fringe hang out. The fringe isn't as notiable if you slip knot it. 



4.) WRAP AROUND & PULL IT THROUGH

Simply wrap around the front of your neck, then bring both ends around to the front like above.  Pull each end through the loop once. You can also bring the ends through more than once for a different look. 


5.) SLIP KNOT

Fold your scarf in half.
Starting with the scarf behind your neck, bring the ends forward on one side and the looped side on the other. Slip the two ends through the loop (folded) end.


Slip Knot with Crochet Scarf

6.) EXTRA TWIST SLIP KNOT 

This is a fun twist to the slip knot.



7.) THIN SCARF...TIED

Thin scarfs are great because they aren't not bulky so you can wear it all year long. 
 Make a square knot with both ends of the scarf (not completely at the ends) and then slip it over your head, twist, and slip it over again. Let the knot hang in front. 

8.) THE COVERING A.K.A. HOOD

I don't normally wear it this way but I did for our walk yesterday. It was wiiindy! The down side is that Richie had me walk six paces behind him.

A WIDE looped scarf works the best. 
 Pull one of the pieces from the back up onto your head. 


9.) ONLY IF YOU DARE MR HURLEY 

Okay so that's not the official name of this knot or tie but I always think of him (you know, Don Knots from Threes Company) when I see it sported like this.













No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!