I found a lump in my breast last weekend. Even though I seemed okay on the outside, it was so hard to find rest until my Dr. Appointment. I had myself dead, Richie remarried, and the kids without their mother. Vain imaginations.
It sucks to admit that it was hard for me to find peace and a stillness. I remember saying, 'let Your will be done, Lord', believing it only half heartedly. I hadn't been to the Girly Doctor since Pace was born so I made an appointment and he got me in right away. I guess this was the push I needed to make it to the doctors. I only had to wait two days but those two days seemed like f o r e v e r. My sister found a lump a few months ago and hers was okay. I hoped that mine would be the same, nonetheless, it was still hard to relax. My friend, Moni, prayed with me and even went to the doctors with me last Tuesday morning. It's amazing how friends can help you through times like this when it's hard to muster up the faith or peace for yourself. The doctor felt the lump and then he did an ultrasound of both breasts. Everything was okay. I had an inflamed lympnode. I feel dumb for all the worrying I was doing.
2 Corinthians 10:5~
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Phillipians 4:6-7
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
It's been five years since my mom died of brain cancer and just the thought of anything cancer related feels like an arrow to my heart. This verse has been one that reminds me that I need to 'take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ'. Easier to say than to do, but this is something I will always try to work on because it doesn't come easy for me and I will strive for that peace that comes from Christ alone. I haven't always looked at the verse like this before but it's interesting that his peace will guard our mind and hearts!
Wow. Now that is Stress prevention.
"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!"
Psalm 150:6
This past Friday our two oldest boys had no school. Richie took the day off so we could take a hike together with them in the morning and have some quality time with the boys. We dropped Luna and Pace off at the Kindergarten and then walked into Eltville, stopping every so often in the Vineyard to take pictures and look at the fall colors. Red is my favorite fall color, that beautiful blazing red and orange. We've been living here three years and it's still hard to imagine that our front yard and neighborhood is a Vineyard. We walked to the next town over and sat down for breakfast and then hiked back. It was a great start to the Weekend.
Josiah had his last soccer game on Saturday morning. It rained like crazy, just like at his first soccer game of the season but we had a good time. The parents were so charged up. It was nuts! "oh lay... oh lay oh lay oh lay"!!! I was a crazy-loud soccer mom that day. Josiah's team won. Go Firesharks! After the game Elee and I went
Can you tell we just woke up? Pre-coffee. Pre-breakfast. No mascara. ;)
This crocheted baby doll top was another one of my steals from the States this summer~ $7.50 from Burlington Coat Factory.
Red pashima/silk scarf~ 4 euro baby!
Longsleeve undershirt~ Gap (old)
Crochet babydoll Top~Free People brand~ $7.50 (new)!!
Velvet Trim Racerback vest~Free People (old)
Blue Denim Jeggings~ gifted from my sis!
Legwarmers~(old..from when I had to order them through a catalogue)!
Handwarmer gloves~ 8 euro (kind of expensive for me but i love the pale purple/pink color)
A fun way to layer
random pretty house
They were so happy to pick what they wanted for breakfast. A Berliner and hot chocolate of course.
We heard the geese behind the house and they sell goose down bedding. I want a down pillow from here! (Eltville)









Oh my Maggie. The same thing happened to me three weeks ago. It was so scary and I had the same thoughts.
ReplyDeleteErica, wow! i'm glad that you're okay too! it was very scary. thanks for sharing with me! xx
Delete