Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Outfit Post~Thrifted Vintage Dress & Velvet Hat



The rain was definitely welcomed after a long stint of hot weather and the only break you get is taking a drive in the car just to crank up the good 'ol air condition. We don't have air conditioned in the house, as is typical for Germany, so 100 degree heat can be unbearable, especially at night. 

It was so funny to see Luna come out into the rain with all her gear on, reaching her hands into the sky to touch the rain. 

The velvet hat was Richie's Great Grandmother Polly's hat. Unfortunately it's too small on me so I thought it would be perfect for Luna to have in her costume/dress up bin. She loves it! Might as well get some use out of it. And super cool that she is wearing her Great Great Grandmother's hat!





This dress is from before Richie and I first met. I have a picture of Richie and I when we were dating with this dress on. It was vintage then, and it's now another 14 years older. Crazy to think that I'll hold on to stuff that long but I know I'll wear it again. I still like the deep color purple, straight neckline, and the tea length of this dress. 

Luna picked out her outfit all on her own too. I thought it was too cute.

Both of our dresses were thrifted (and luna's from a few years ago) so our outfits are essentially free!



Luna's outfit:
-Black Velvet Dress (GAP)~ (thrifted)

-Black Suede Fringe Vest~ (gifted)
-Vintage Black Velvet Hat~ (family heirloom) ;)

My outfit: 
-Vintage dress~ thrifted

And guess what? I found the picture!!!! 

Doesn't Richie look different with short hair? 

& what is up with my orange hair? eek!

(San Diego~14 years ago...)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, love this! I love Luna's coat and Grandma Polly's hat - wow! And that dress, I can't believe you can hold onto things that long, actually I can believe it, JUST LIKE MOM!!!!!! I, however, am the complete opposite. If I don't wear it within a year, I get rid of it. Although, it's not a bad thing because I give it to friends or family!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!