I can't believe Luna is 5 already. Where does the time go?
Yesterday she was just a little (big) baby in my arms. She weighed 9 pounds 13 ounces. I really think it was all the raw milk I drank that made her so big. I drank a lot of that when I was pregnant with her. My midwife, Debra, did an amazing job helping 'calm' me during the delivery. I pushed for a long time to get her out. ;) We didn't realize she'd be so big! It was another VBAC success after Elee! A few hours after giving birth, I made a trip to the bathroom and passed out. That was scary and they had to bring in a wheelchair for me. I just remember Richie saying, "something's wrong, she doesn't look right"...and then all went black. Even though I passed out (a little embarrassing), I still felt like a champion. While I was pregnant I had depression pretty bad. I went through mood swings like crazy, unlike with Josiah and Elee where I felt steady throughout the pregnancy. Although we didn't find out ahead of time with any of our children whether we were having a boy or girl, this time I just knew we'd have a girl. It was different. And to think, she even had a hint of red hair... explains everything. lol.
my favorite picture of Luna about 4 months

my favorite pregnant pictures ever...pregnant with Luna
photos taken by super talented: Lauren Schubeck Photography
The strangest and coolest thing happened after she was born. My depression and anxiety completely lifted. It was as if I gave birth to my heart. Is that even possible? All the joy and happiness I ever had felt was wrapped up in her and I could feel it. It was an amazing gift from God. I see all this love in her as she loves everything and everyone around her so beautifully and with such vivaciousness.
Luna has been asking to get her ears pierced for a while. I told her when she turned five we could do it. I remember my mom taking me to the Mall to get mine done for my fifth birthday, so it seemed fitting to have her wait until then.
It's crazy to think that Debra was there for Luna's birth as my midwife. Now, she and my dad are together and she was there when Luna got her ears pierced!!! How cool is that? As Debra, says, "who would've thought?" God has amazing plans for us that we can't even imagine.....
picking out her earrings
'I want them out'!
nothing that a two scoop of gelato can't cure!
Luna's 5
~ Skipping Kindergarten for a day out with Papa Dave and Oma Deb
a walk along the Rhine River
super quick breakfast before our Coffee/Tea date at Cafe Maldaner
a stork
0ver 150 years old Cafe~ Cafe Maldaner
Tea set and cart from Papa Richard and Grammy Rox
Real diamond earrings....thanks Papa Dave and Oma Deb!
Luna's treat for Kindergarten the next day...
We stayed up really late finishing these for Luna's Kindergarten class to have the next day. Reminded me of all the school projects dad would help us with growing up. This was my favorite night staying up late...so much fun. Deb worked away on rolling the dough and dad and I decorated. We were delirious by the time we went to bed...but oh so much fun.

HAPPY 5th Birthday LUNA JANE!!!!!!















Tears come to my eyes as I read this. You are so fortunate to have a wonderful, loving family. I can't believe Luna is 5 already! Such a wonderful thing to have your dad and Deb with you as she turned 5...I was thinking the same the other day..."who knew?" I think there was a special angel looking for that someone special for your dad... Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteawe! thanks rox. it was great to have them here. you guys will be here before you know it!
DeleteOh yeah....these are great photo's!!!
ReplyDeleteWords of affirmation... There are matters of the heart and mind for which words will never be adequate..,however I will say you are a wonderful Mother, a beautiful spirit and a most gracious hostess...I am forever grateful to have a special place in your heart as you have in mine. Your Mother birthed you, gave you the years she did and I will communicate with her often, singing your praises for all you are and do..you may just have to remind me to let you know what I tell her in my thoughts. Much like I used to tell my Dad how much he loved me!But know how much I love you and how wonderful you are! Debra
ReplyDeleteoh deb(ra)...;)
Deleteit was so awesome to have you guys here. it was fun for me to watch the kids with their grandparents and to watch them enjoy you guys. so many fun memories. "i can see you through the key hole", "pears", "fret", haha. so thankful for your time here and us having the time to get closer. i love you so much debra and i'm thankful for all your prayers. God hears! xoxo