Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dying Your Garment to get what you want!

I bought a lovely chunky sweater at H &M for 15 euro at over 1/2 off.
 I really liked the sweater since I'm a huge fan of pockets (I have to stash my kleenex somewhere). I wasn't too keen on the color so I bought it with the intention of dying it to get a color that I'd like. I figured I'd buy black dye to get a purple~charcoal color. It came out just as I hoped for!!! And now it's unique too, no one else will have this sweater. smiley face. 

Total for sweater including dye~ $22! 

*dying tip~ if you want to get a softer/lighter color, dilute the dye in a large amount of water in a big bucket. I used my mop bucket and did it in the sink so I wouldn't make a mess.


I bought a white Gap shirt (like new) at German type mom-to-mom sale for $3. I don't like white for kids because after one meal, it will be every color but white.  I threw it in the dye with my sweater and it came out pretty cool! I simply pushed it down into the water (didn't stir) and gave it a cool tie-dye effect.


 My boy Pace. 
I think I might miss 'our time' in the mornings when he starts Kindergarten in one month.
I have so many mixed emotions about that.


 Pace likes pockets too....he likes to put food in them. 

We took Luna on a date (just us girls) last Saturday to REWE. We bought some bird seed to feed the birds


because Luna wanted to feed them with our food scraps from our garden that wasn't turned over yet
(I just cleaned the fridge).


Pace wanted to as well.

They hung the carrot to feed the birds (one morning before Kindergarten this week). 
I love this.

More to write but...later. I'm so tired. Richie's sick, Elee is sick and stayed home from school today. Time to unwind with a glass of water and some tea. Or maybe just water. I feel too lazy to make tea this late. Nighty night.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, so cute! I love how Pace put his coat on! Cute, cute, cute! I want to go on a "girl-date," too! Maybe at Christmas.
    Hope Richie and Elee feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so cute! I love how Pace put his coat on! I want to go on a "girl-date!" Maybe at Christmas...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he put his coat on all by himself! mr independent. ;) she'll love a girl date. are you coming for christmas? xx

      Delete
  3. Like the carrot hanging from the tree with a bunging cord. Love you sweater to dyed, came out good and also the t shirt. Sorry that Richie and Elee is sick. hope they are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pace is going to kindergarten already?! Seems like he was just born yesterday, Mags! Where does the time go?!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!