Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

The conference was great!

my blog posts are always a little behind....

I feel refreshed a little bit. The ladies conference at church this past weekend *edit* two weekends ago was awesome! There was so much information to crunch on. It was all about freedom! I needed to hear that message. It was such an encouraging time to talk with other ladies~ to pray with each other~ for each other. It's not often that I get an opportunity like this. To have the entire day to myself.  I needed a day like that so bad. I was very glad that the conference fell on 'Maggie day'*.

* We just started 'Maggie Day' at our house which I get twice a month. Richie also gets a 'Richie day' to himself. We schedule it ahead of time and put it on our google calendar. No one makes any plans on the other's day. This is a new thing that we're trying, and I must say, I like it already. I left the house at 9:30 in the morning, and when I called at 6:30pm to say I was running to the grocery store, Richie was surprised that I'd be home so early. Yeah!! I think this might work. Thanks Richie! Some people might not be able to relate to needing a time out of the house. I don't have family nearby to help watch the kids. So there is rarely a break. For me, I know I need it to be a better mom and wife. I need to reset and feed my soul so I have something to give and energy to give it! Thanks, Teresa, for the idea for this.

God's word is living. He can touch our hearts in a different way every time we read his word because that's the biggest way how he chooses to speak to us. If I could take one thing away from the conference, it would be to listen to God's voice and not my own. I know I hear that all the time, but this time was different. So often I have conversations with myself and it gets foggy sometimes to figure out the voices, because the "same voices that encourages us to do something, is the same voice that condemns us" (Debbie Friley). How confusing that is! Debbie Friley, the speaker at the conference, talked to us about "asking God to decipher any conversation that we have 'in our heads' that is not with him, and to show us what is"! It sounds really simple and actually I think it might be. So... that's what I want to work on. It's so easy to get trapped in our own thoughts, and our own ideas of how things should be. Do you find yourselves having conversations with yourself? I do it all the time! Half of the time it makes me mis-er-able. God, show me your voice!

Since I was out of the house, It was nice to be able to 'dress up' , (and by dressing up I mean something other than jeans and a thermal top or my bathrobe that I normally wear around the house). This is my new sheer top. It was on sale at this little boutique for 25 euro. It's super fun and comfortable to wear and I love the ease of how it flows.  I know I can wear it all year long too. Bonus. 

Debbie Friley, the speaker at the conference makes these wonderful wall art pictures with verses on it. She gave everyone that came to the conference one. This is the one I chose. For some reason it was calling my name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!