Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

DIY~ Princess Tulle Tutu Skirt (old project~making a post)

This was the first 'Do It Yourself' project I added on this blog. However, I never made a post of it, and it was under my DIY page. I did this before I realized that you can make a post and then link to it. So...I'm trying to clean up my DIY page and am getting used to this blogger finally! Let me know what you think of my improved DIY page! Click HERE!!

Here's my post for this amazing little tutu. Cheap to make and super easy. I've had friends tell me that they made this for parties or for their little girls' birthdays and they loved it. You can even make adult sized ones.

Every Princess needs a Tutu!

Tulle Princess Skirt


What you will need:
  • 3 spools of 6" 25 yards/each of Tulle (you can buy this size on ebay or at JoAnn Fabrics)
  • Elastic

How to make:

  • Measure your child's waist (or your waist) and cut the elastic. 
  • Subtract one inch and sew both ends of elastic together.
  • Cut tulle into 24 or 26" pieces until you have 60 pieces. 
  • As you add the tulle to the elastic, fold the piece in half, and then make a loop knot around the elastic.
  • Continue to do all the tulle pieces, alternating the order of color.
**** do not wash! It may be hand washed with a damp towel but do not put into the washing machine.

Tulle Princess Skirt

Do It Yourself Tulle Hair~ties!
Use leftover Tulle from the Tutu.

Just like you did with the Tulle Skirt, simply loop the pieces onto a hair elastic.
That's it!





2 comments:

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!