Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Travel~Trip to Belgium & New Years!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! FREUES NEUES!!!

WOW! It's 2013. Kids go back to school tomorrow and we get back on routine again. We totally enjoyed our break! We took a few walks. We read together. We played together. I loved being off of Facebook too! I deactivated my account for a short while and I'm actually still liking it. 

We made a short trip to Belgium, this time with some close friends. Our first ever trip with friends! Minus the kid's breaking down in the city and then me breaking down, it was a success! Keeping track of 12 people in a city (7 kids) was kind of stressful. We did a lot of hand holding. But the hotel time and the brewery time the first night was so much fun! Definitely want to do another family trip with them...maybe rent a house next time!

Josiah's favorite thing about break was 'New Year's'. Elee's was 'going to friend's houses'. Luna's favorite thing was 'eating food'. 
My favorite part....falling asleep with the kids in my arms. Something that doesn't happen too often...but cherished every time it does.

Chocolates, beer, cheese, belgiun double fried fries...I want to go back!

Truffles and chocolates!!!




breakdown

Belgiun waffle


The boy peeing. Wasn't so spectacular. Thought it would be bigger. And what's up with the clothes? 
But when we found him, I felt like we accomplished so much! hahah. 

Pacey checking out the peeing boy.
 

Our family portrait. No one would come in the abandoned manger scene with me for the photo.

Sampler tray of beer that Rich and I shared. I took Pacey to the bathroom and when we came back Pace's foot hit the beer and spilled half of it (I was holding him and the tables were squeezed tight together and hard to get by).

The big boys were great! Playing cards and eating fries!

light show in downtown Brussels


 Josiah loves his new watch for Christmas. He asked me to take a picture of the time....we were on our way back to the hotel.


Our snacks for the New Year. Hard to manage a fancy feast at a hotel, but we worked it.

hanging with the kids






4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we did! of course...always wish i took more pictures. didn't have my camera for the first night!!!!

      Delete
  2. Elizabeth fell asleep in Will's arms twice this weekend too. That NEVER happens. She stopped napping like a year ago. It was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!!!! I love that. I treasure it when it happens...like when they get sick. lolol.

      Delete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!