There's so much that I've been wanting to share on here. I write a post, and then it either gets deleted or I don't post it cuz it's too late. Once again, I'm finally sitting down to get one out to you! I've been wanting to share Luna's Kindergarten song that she learned (in German of course)....it's at the bottom of this post.
Christmas Eve was great! We had an early Candle light service at church and then we had some friends over who like us, don't have any family around. We had a simple, not so traditional dinner of Vegetarian Curry over rice and then watched Elf. The kids opened their jammmies from Grammy Rox (a tradition since Richie was a kid that I will for sure carry on). Even Richie and I got jammies! So much fun. Thanks Grammy Rox!
We had a great Christmas! This was our first Christmas in 10 years that we had a somewhat, 'quiet' and normal Christmas. Although we missed our family, it was great not to travel, and to hunker down and literally stay in jammies all day long. I did our 'kind of family tradition' of doing a puzzle ...I'm still working on it.
Christmas Eve was great! We had an early Candle light service at church and then we had some friends over who like us, don't have any family around. We had a simple, not so traditional dinner of Vegetarian Curry over rice and then watched Elf. The kids opened their jammmies from Grammy Rox (a tradition since Richie was a kid that I will for sure carry on). Even Richie and I got jammies! So much fun. Thanks Grammy Rox!
Yes...that's Richie in a TUX! Well....a t-shirt Tux. Does that count? He wore this instead of his usual Grateful Dead tie-dyed T-shirt.
awe....Our Christmas Family Picture!
I made the hair wreath...LOVE it in pinks and reds.
Our friends....
and our amazing idea for
'Rent-a-Family' portraits!!
Super good deal on a dress AND it sparkles.
We had a great Christmas! This was our first Christmas in 10 years that we had a somewhat, 'quiet' and normal Christmas. Although we missed our family, it was great not to travel, and to hunker down and literally stay in jammies all day long. I did our 'kind of family tradition' of doing a puzzle ...I'm still working on it.
Luna has been singing the 'Nicholaus Song' that she learned in Kindergarten a lot. Love it when I get to learn German from her!







Thank You NIcholas :) hehe So cute :) Miss you All!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Isn't that cute? She loves singing! Miss you too Stephy!
DeleteAwesome photos Maggie! And I want a copy of the rent-a-family photos! xx
ReplyDeleteLOL! Mara! I love that shot! It is hilarious! Love you and all the time we've seen each other this past week! xoxoxo
DeleteThis post made me smile! It had a little of everything in it! Luna is getting so good with her German! Pace is next!
ReplyDeleteThanks Carri! Luna is getting good with her German. She is teaching meeeee! Pace starts in the Kindergarten 1st of April!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW. I feel exactly the same way about some of my posts - i start them, stop halfway through, delete them and try again - so glad you sat down and did this one! I love so much about it. From the jammies tradition to being able to wear your mother's bell earrings. As always your style simply amazes me! Happy New year, Mags! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Dasha! It means a lot. I love all of your writings...Happy New Year Dasha!!
Delete