It seems a bit late to be doing an Oktoberfest post, but our friends' town just had it this past weekend. Richie had been the previous two years to Munich for the Oktoberfest. This year, we stayed local and I got to join. It was so much fun and from what I understand a little different culture than the big city. Everyone knows everyone here and there were different events planned for the night. There was a skit performed by the locals in the town, then there were four teams for the guys and four for the girls for 'German game' entertainment. My girlfriend and I were on a team called...I'm not sure but in English it would be like 'The Little Lisa farm girls'. There was dancing with live music from the town band. We're talking traditional german music. There were dance routines and people doing some mock singing and dancing on stage. People dancing on tables. I didn't have the camera in my hand the entire evening but I always wish I took more pictures! Pictures of the pretzels and Spundekase and of the delicious and crazy huge radishes that were sliced paper thin! MMM!
The night was awesome. When I think of Germany, this type of night is what I think of. Great beer. Sawing wood, hammering nails, balloon popping (or lack of), Dirndls, Liederhosen and daaancing.
Award Time....not only did we get in 4th place (i mean last place), we won a bottle of champagne!
The night was awesome. When I think of Germany, this type of night is what I think of. Great beer. Sawing wood, hammering nails, balloon popping (or lack of), Dirndls, Liederhosen and daaancing.
the log kept 'jumping'. we were not heavy enough to hold it in place...
hence the gentlemen on the left and right holding it with their feet...
and yes, anouncer, time keeper...the whole works.
Don't be fooled by the time keeper laughing...
Well, okay...we came in last place with a time of 3:07.
I still say it was because we were the first lady team to go.
one of our cheerleaders
they were reeeeeally working hard and worked up a sweat
I think it took me 12 hits to get it down. I'm pretty sure at this point I was pissed that he didn't count the 11th as being okay. 12 it is!
Daniela did better than me. That's cuz she's Geeeerman! We were on the same team and luckily didn't get in last place with the nails.
cheering for our team on stage
A plate of Radi only 1 euro. Seriously...they were such good radishes that are sliced paper thin. These suckers had to have been huuuge.
my cheeks hurt from laughing the ENTIRE night.
it's getting late....
they are serious about this...
Four or five balloons are lined up on a board that you have to pop with the helmet. I was supposed to be the champion for our team.
Not ONE popped!! It's so much harder than it looked. Thankfully, the last team to go didn't get any either and I didn't feel as stupid. What makes it worse was Dave shouting..."USA...USA"! Thanks
Dave. Haahaha.
We are practicing for next year. I'm not sure how, but we are.
Stop twirling yourself richie or i'll punch you!!
Thaaank you!!
Seriously...stop twirling yourself!!!!
Award Time....not only did we get in 4th place (i mean last place), we won a bottle of champagne!
And the best part....walking home... the guys carrying our 'trophies'. Awe.
And that's a wrap.


















Is Richie in Lederhosen? (sp) So funny! Love your and Daniella's outfits!!
ReplyDeletethanks Rox! and yeeees he is! doesn't he look dashing? too bad the dance lessons when he was 5 didn't pay off. he likes to twirl himself and not me. hahaa.
DeleteI tried to teach him to dance, I really tried...It's a good think we didn't have to pay for those lessons! lol!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!! so funny Rox! good thing. he does find a 'groove' but somehow he gets lost in it. hahaah. xoxo
Delete