Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween

We didn't make any plans this year for Trick or Treating until last minute. We went the past two years on base and there were so many people. I thought this year we'd skip it. The kids aren't too into it (even Josiah said he wanted to stay home this year). I went to Luna's Kindergarten the week before  to make Luna's Lantern for St. Martin's day. The parents were talking about Halloween and said that the kids started going in our town. It's not a German tradition at all, but they are slowly adopting it.

Last minute I asked a couple friends over to go with us. It was thrown together in a couple days, but was a lot of fun. We had some warm homemade Chili when we got back!
Richie stayed home to pass out candy to kids. We didn't get one Trick or Treater!! We thought being the Americans in town we'd get some. Nope. Now we have lots of snack bags and candy. 

Here are some pictures from Halloween day - night. 



such an engineer...he realized he needed cufflinks for this shirt after he got to work.
he said these worked great. and very inexpensive by the way! ;)

Luna wanted to be a Princess. Pace was happy to drink a yogurt.

Taking some American candy to her German Kindergarten for Halloween


Elee in his class. 
They had six stations set up to work on different math problems / measurements for Pumpkins.



Josiah in class.
They had a wild party.

 'Brave'...Thanks Papa Dave and Oma Deb
I love how she's lost in all that hair!


this was taken after trick or treating. in germany they say 'susses oder saures'.
pacey had fun saying susses oder saures at every house! and his s's sound like sh's.
sometimes he'd just scream, 'shouw-resh'.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Luna's costume was so cool with all her "hair!" Loved seeing everyone having fun...I still can't believe no one came to your house! Next year...neon signs point and saying "American House...We HAVE CANDY!!" lol!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!