Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Girly Junk Swap...oh so much fun!

The first (and only) 'Girly Junk Swap' I went to was when we were attending Paradox church in Roseville, Michigan. Although swaps like this are big in the States, my girlfriends here in Germany haven't heard of it, and weren't really sure how it worked. For those of you that don't know what it is, you simply bring a few items that you'd sell at a Garage sale, or Flea-market, or bring something that you don't use anymore and swap it! You draw numbers and take turns picking items. 

It was so much fun that I thought we could carry on the tradition here to Germany! 18 girls came last night!! I think everyone had a fun time. We had lots of food & lots of fun things to pick through!!! It was so nice getting to hang out and enjoy some girl time too. 

~I want to thank Uli for putting it on the church calendar!
~I want to thank Debbie, for passing around a sign up sheet and helping with such a great turn out!
~I want to thank my friend, Daniela, for coming over early to help me set up!
~And I also want to thank my hubby for taking all of the kids to a friend's house so that we could have the house to ourselves for the 'swap'. 
~And thank you to all the girls that came that made it such a great night!



My pick for the steal of the night goes to Josie....she scored a Bodum TeaPot!!

Debbie got a sweet wooden jewelry box with mirror on it, and a candle holder and lots of other things!


I scored these sweeeet suspenders and this fringe scarf (and more)!!
 Can't wait to wear the suspenders for real! They wouldn't stay on my pants, hoping they'll work with some jeans! 

My pick for best accessorie worn to the 'Swap' goes to Esther....with her velvet bow tie

 

We were making jokes and bets to see who would wear their things to church in the morning. It was so fun to see a lot of the girls wearing the things we swapped yesterday at church today!
This is what I wore....

I got this striped shirt with fun puffy, cinched sleeves.

Maybe we can make it an annual tradition! And yet, I wish I had taken more pictures. ;)
Sounds like the guys want to do one too. What would they swap? 
Tools? Maybe. 
Scarves? Definitely...hey we're in Europe. hahah.

What would be really funny is if the guys did a swap and wore all their stuff to church the next day too. Hahaha.



3 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in your "new" clothes! Sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I want to swap!!!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!