Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Recap~ The things kids say & Caramel Apples!

I was tucking Luna in to bed this weekend and she was telling me a story. We like to take turns telling stories, usually about Princesses and Princes. Always someone getting killed. Always a good ending. Always funny.

A portion of Luna's story....not word for word...but pretty close.
The dad had died and the queen was ready to have her baby. "The queen had to have her baby, so she went to the doctors. She was first in the play room, then she went to the doctors room. Then she pooped out the baby. Then she took off her panties and took the baby out, and then put her panties back on. Then she went back home.....{luna thinking}. Then the bad guys came!"

 Eventually the baby scared away the bad guys and she saved the queen and the Princess sister too. I love when she tells me stories. 

This weekend Richie brewed some beer with his buddies only to have the entire pot of beer fall on the ground from the base breaking! Crazy! Need to call on that this week. Yeah, it's not supposed to to be tipped like that.


I had a migraine from Saturday night until Sunday night. It sucked! It was my first migraine in a long time so I'm thankful they've been less frequent. I haven't ran in a week and when I don't run or exercise my body definitely notices it. My body is so sensitive! And I ate a late lunch and dinner on Saturday which could've triggered it.

I went to the foot doctor today. I got the 'okay' to run, but I was told I need insoles. They did some foot tests, and it looks like I may be a little flat footed. I'm getting a runner's gait test next week and then some therapy for the pain. Crazy!

We made Caramel Apples on Saturday. It was so much fun to see how they turned out and even Pace helped! I had him unwrap the caramels with Elee and that kept him busy with those little fingers of his. It was too cute. Josiah prepared the Oreo cookie crumbs, and Elee stirred and melted all the caramel on the stove. Each of the kids did their own apple. Didn't they turn out great?

I love this picture of Elee and Pace talking! They seriously had so much fun!

those little hands at work...

I thought it would be fun to do some cool toppings on Caramel Apples. 
Coconut, Mini chocolate chips, Crushed Pecans and Oreo Cookie Crumbs!





It can get a little messy...

Oreo Cookie Crumb Caramel Apple~
To get the oreo cookie crumb, simple take out the white filling and crush the cookie part in a food processor. Makes a great Caramel Apple Topping!






 The apples are easiest to eat when you cut them. Richie said he never liked Caramel Apples because they were too hard to eat. So....cut em up and enjoy them! 


We didn't waste the left over toppings! 
We made delicious cookies from them! Recipe below...

I use the recipe on the Hershey or Toll House chocolate chip bag.
*For the best cookie ever....
use ROOM TEMOERATURE Butter or Criso for baking (pre-packaged and ready to use as 2 sticks butter)

Instead of 2 cups chocolate chips....
Measure out your leftover Caramel Apple Toppings for a total of 3 cups.
If you only have two cups to use, then add 1 cup of chocolate chips or mix it up with nuts and coconut! 


1 comment:

  1. I so love when you share the pictures of you, Richie and the kids doing things. These pics are so cute (and yummy!) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!