Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIY Arm~Warmers with Lace




If you're like me, you love being warm!! I get so cold (part of that I contribute to bad circulation from getting frostbit when I was younger) that I've already started wearing my legwarmers and armwarmers.

I had an old sweater that had a ginormous hole in it so I thought I would reuse it instead of throwing it away. I decided to make some armwarmers out of it and add a little lace.

It's super easy:
1. Cut armwarmer to the length that you want.
2.) I don't have a JoAnn's that I can run to and I was limited on my lace selection....so I had to dye it. I didn't want the stark white color. So for me, step two was to dye the lace and the material (didn't want the blue stripe).
3.) Sew on the lace with a zigzag stitch to allow it to stretch a little bit.
4.) Make one slit for your thumb about 1/2 down from from where you sewed the lace. I stitched this part by hand.
5.) The opposite end of where the lace and thumb hole, turn over and sew to keep from raveling.

Next time I think I'd like to use an eyelet lace with a smaller width. Looks like I have another DIY on my list! ;)










4 comments:

  1. I so love these!!! We have been getting ready for new fall and winter ideas, we no longer have not a stitch of winter any thing left !!! so these are perfect for me and the girls for when we move in Jan. !! one idea though, if you dont mind !! depending on what is used in the sweater you can take a quick few passes over your thumb holes with a lighter every now and again, it really works for unraveling :) all so Aaron has asked for your address we have a few crafty cuties to send you and Miss Luna ! Love your Blog Maggie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks amy! yes! the lighter does work! hahaha! i'll email you my address! sounds great! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great Job Seester! You are so Creative :) xo xo

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!