Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Date Night & Malcomb Holcombe

Richie and I were so stoked to see Malcomb Holcombe last Thursday! We had tried to see him when we were living in Georgia a loooong time ago. Went to the bar he was playing at, but I had to leave early for work. So finally, 9 years later we did. 

He played at a small pub and it was very refreshing to be at a concert in an intimate setting. It was in Worms (yes that's really the town name) at a place called Die Funzel. 
Anyways...
We got to talk to him on break, and then he came back to talk to us which was really neat. Richie went to college with one his close friend's sons and that's how we heard of him 10 years ago. It really is such a small world.



I asked for him to play this song for us and he dedicated it to us....wish I got that part on video. We felt so honored and will never forget that. Richie and I listen to his songs all the time and on road trips.

Malcombe Holcombe playing 'Doin His Job'.
This guy has skills. 
Great artist. Great songwriter.

Check out his site here or copy the url into your browser.
http://malcolmholcombe.com/

If you have a second, check out his bio....and read on his story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!