Going through some photos, I came across this picture tonight. I remember this moment. I remember feeling so beautiful when I was pregnant with Luna. I loved being pregnant for so many reasons. I'll list just three. One, I don't care what other people say, I loved having my belly touched. I'm a touchy kind of girl. Two, people were more conscious of opening a door for a lady (yeah, I kind of like that....kind of really like that). Three, the anticipation of being a part of a beautiful miracle.
I went to a baby shower on Sunday with Luna and got to see my friends newborn baby. They decided to have a shower after the baby comes, so everyone could meet him. I love that idea. It's common to do that here in Germany. I spent a morning with my friend, Leslie, and her baby two weeks ago so I got to hold him then which was so incredibly nice. I didn't even try to hold him at the shower....so many people wanting to get their baby fix. I love the way newborns sleep all the time and the expressions they make with their little scrunched up faces. Even the way that they poop is cute. Seeing a newborn like that makes me sad that this season of life is over for Richie and I. We're done having babies. After Richie's sniperoo, it was difficult to adjust knowing that we were done, and that our decision was permanent. It makes it even more difficult when so many people around are having babies. Especially since we're still young and at that baby making age. But then reality sets in....we have four healthy and happy kids, we'll be young with our kids, we're already really busy, and I enjoy me some eight hours of straight sleep.
So good night ....& sweet dreams

Love this, Maggie!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sydney!
DeleteOh my, I Love this and I totally understand where you're coming from. I feel the same way. Thanks for sharing. Also, I love your new page set up. Cool pics!
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura!! xoxo
DeleteI can remember crying so hard for so many years because I wanted more kids, but we were "done" so honey, I know exactly how you feel! Like you said, there are so many wonderful things about being done... but there will always be a bit of our hearts, I think, that yearn for "just one more"... especially when the nest is oh so empty. Love love love that you share your heart and look on the bright side (MORE SLEEP!) of life. You are a fantastically gorgeous pregnant woman, though! :)
ReplyDeleteoh dasha...you are so right. i think there will be a part of our hearts that yearn for that. richie always jokes with me, saying that there is still a one in a million chance. ;) xoxo
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Ahhh...8 hours of sleep. That's so nice. Yesterday I told Will that I will no longer be working between the hours of 9pm and 5am. Anne wakes up like 3 times a night and he refuses to let her cry it out. We'll see how long it lasts now that he knows I'm completely refusing to get out of bed to take care of her. I take care of her all day.
ReplyDeleteErica! Oh wow. That is so hard when you can't get that big chunk of sleep in. Letting them cry it out sucks, but it usually works (it did for us)...as long as you check on them. After a few nights, I'll bet she sleeping through the night! You can do it girl! And it's well worth it. ;) thanks for the comment!
Delete