Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Open Fringe Sweater~Outfit Post etc.


If you read one of my recent posts, you know that I gave up shopping for clothes and shoes for three months as a test for myself and also simply to be completely debt free (which will be in a couple months)!! No car payments (both are paid off), no student loans, and of course no credit card debt (which we pay off in full each month). This isn't to brag, but I'm so thankful for the wisdom that God has given us (especially Richie), in regards to our finances, and soon the freedom.

It'll be nice to have a new bedspread, and linens, and pillows for our guests especially by the time Dad and Deb come in the Spring. I've been making a list of things that I would like which I think is really beneficial.  Two more months Maggie, you can do it. I'm still talking to myself on this. Oh, it's so hard.

50 degrees this morning.....what? Totally time to start thinking about layering again. Wah......I love layering, but I do not like the cold weather. 

While in the States this summer I picked up this fabulous Fringe Sweater Vest. It's not technically a vest, but you can comfortably layer it as you would with a vest. It was from Neiman Marcus at an outlet mall and was originally $126. I've already worn this so many times and I have a feeling it will be a staple piece for fall and winter.
What I paid: $22!!
The Look: Fringe Sweater Vest: ($22) Neiman Marcus outlet
Vintage dyed waffle asymmetrical top: ($17) Neiman Marcus outlet
True Religion Jeans: ($80)
Minnetonka booties



This Sweater Vest I picked up at my favorite Thrift Shop back home for about $4. This one is cheaper. But because of the fit and of course the fringe, I'll be wearing the fringe one more!

I finally painted my toes again the other day. Painted my bruised pinky toe, that hasn't healed from the 1/2 marathon. It was nice to keep them unpolished for several days...letting them breathe. Is there such a thing? Hahaha. Yesterday,  Luna & I had 'goyl' time, so I painted hers toes to match mine. Luna loves goyl time especially if it involves nail painting, reading, makeup, and just laying anywhere laughing. Every time it's just her and I, she asks me, "Are we having goyl time?" "Yes, Luna, we're having goyl time." 

This is one of the things that makes life so much fun. I treasure these moments.


2 comments:

  1. Loved having "goyl" time with her, too! Love those vests! Cute! If my room ever cools down at school, those would be perfect for there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she loves her goyl time! yes, something like this would perfect for your class!

      Delete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!