We went to our friend's town (village) in Obergaldbach for their Kerb this year. We went last year too and they have all sorts of activities for the kids. Face painting, a clown with balloons, and crafts. This year they had pony rides and tractor rides and even a small train ride.
Kerb festivities is an entire weekend. It starts on Friday and goes until Sunday or Monday depending on the town. Each town has their own activities that they do. Our town does a 'fake' duck race in the creek that goes behind our house. We didn't do it this year, maybe next year!
Richie participated in the egg collection in our friends town. The men head out about 9am and go to people's houses in the village and collect eggs for the village to cook later that day. They get hundreds. I really wish I would've gotten a picture of all the hard boiled eggs in a large bucket for you to reach in...grab ...and eat. The guys carry along a wagon filled with beer and drink the entire morning/day long and some houses invite them 'in' and they get drinks and snacks from them. It's a great time of year to bring the entire town together! I was glad that Richie was able to participate and get a taste of the German culture.
Kerb festivities is an entire weekend. It starts on Friday and goes until Sunday or Monday depending on the town. Each town has their own activities that they do. Our town does a 'fake' duck race in the creek that goes behind our house. We didn't do it this year, maybe next year!
Richie participated in the egg collection in our friends town. The men head out about 9am and go to people's houses in the village and collect eggs for the village to cook later that day. They get hundreds. I really wish I would've gotten a picture of all the hard boiled eggs in a large bucket for you to reach in...grab ...and eat. The guys carry along a wagon filled with beer and drink the entire morning/day long and some houses invite them 'in' and they get drinks and snacks from them. It's a great time of year to bring the entire town together! I was glad that Richie was able to participate and get a taste of the German culture.
Easier to keep track of four kids with lots of people around when they are wearing the same thing...
The men came to our friends house to collect eggs and Richie served them beer from our friends tap out of the garage.
The final ceremony for Kerb for this town. The guys had fun.
This is what the men would tote the beer around in all morning/day.
Dave & Daniela
She got a wand. :)
"Yut!"
The pony poop was "yutty".



Love the pic of the t shirt kids! :) What a fun event! I wish American's did more things like that! Don't tell Pacey that Grammy Rox's nickname with Debbie and her sister Karen used to be "horseballs!" I went with them to the State Fair one year and I asked what we were going to have for lunch and someone said "horseballs!" I asked what that was, and was pointed out to me immediately on the ground! Yep, they are "yutty!" :)
ReplyDelete