Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Vacation Recap

We had a great time in the States. But it sure feels good to be back. Is it strange that it feels like we're home again? We went to Washington D.C. (here's another blog post from then), then to Detroit and Bad Axe, MI for a family reunion, then to NY and back to Detroit. The kids and I were there a total of 4 weeks! Richie met up with us a week later in DC and then flew with us to Michigan.

Coming back to the States this time was an eye opener for me in many ways. I was bummed that Josiah's and Elee's friends didn't see them. None of them. I know people are busy too, but with Josiah it broke my heart, because he's been more vocal about his difficult transition living here in Germany. He really wanted to see his old friends and it just didn't pan out. However, I'm hoping it's for the better. I'm hoping he'll feel a real sense of closure to Michigan so we can put it behind us. Now that my dad sold his house where we lived for 5 years too, there's really no place to go back to. And...our home is here. I can't believe it's taken me 2 years to really get to that point.

So much traveling, and my dad selling his house while we were there was a little crazy. Oh the emotions.....my kids taking a bath in the bathtub for the last time. It's the house that we lived in when I had Elee, Luna and Pace! The shower that I took a shower in... where I got ready just before Richie and I got hitched almost 13 years ago....my sister made sure to remind me of that. Of course it was followed by many tears. And crazy moods. Sorry family. What a process to deal with all those emotions while on vacation. I know we said 'goodbye' to it 2 years ago, but it's different that my dad won't be there anymore. Sigh. I'll take a breath.

Next time we go back, I want to go to one spot, and have people come visit us. That way I don't have to stress about making plans (having no phone and only sometimes internet). People can come to us. It worked really well over the holidays, so we'll have to plan for that next time.

My friends that made an effort to see us....thank you thank you! We got see 'ol Wurfel, and I got see my good friend Marie. Why didn't we take any pictures? And her hubby, Mike, and Richie got to hang out and talk a bit too! Skotty & Cori (I got to see her pregnant belly!!) and then some girlfriends from highschool and the Scicluna's!

whatever they were chatting about was reeeeeally interesting....:)






We had a bday party for my nephew, Dylan. He is so adorable.

My bro's family!

Laura made these awesome lego ice cubes for the drinks! (he had a lego cake too)

in Holley, NY....

Lunch at Christo's with grammy Margaret

we got to see our old dog, Joey. She was so excited to to see us...especially Richie. 

 Elee and I went outside to hunt down some butterflies and we found this one. It was gorgeous!


Been a while since they were ALL in the bath together. 

Great Grammy Margaret in NY

Great Grammy Marion in NY

A walk on the beach at the cottage on Lake Huron


A kayak ride with Papa Dave





A bonfire on the beach at night










and the girlies.....

 the Princesses

Nora has on Luna's clothes, and Luna has on Nora's. Awe....

Serious conversation going on....something about borrowing shoes when Nora comes to visit. 

My bro & sis 'n law Stephy




time to go home...



2 comments:

  1. And you told me not to cry...had me teary-eyed with the comments about the house...it was a very special place for all of you for quite a while. I'll always remember coming to visit and the house being full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know! It was very hard. It was good times. ;) Thanks Rox!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!