Rice noodle Stir Fry
with Kohlrabi, Carrots, Broccoli & Pork
Served with Beet & Apple Juice
My dad introduced me to Kohlrabi about a year ago. Love it! Another vegetable that's fun to use when you're getting bored with the same old recipes. It's like cabbage (actually the german word for cabbage is Kohl). It has an awesome flavor (a little peppery) and great crunchy texture. I prefer it much more than the regular cabbage. You can it eat raw or cooked. I thought it would be a perfect mix to do a stir~fry with the carrots and Kohlrabi together since it's similar in texture and you can cut them both into thin strips.
~Soak rice noodles in warm water
~Slice the carrots and Kohlrabi in thin strips while sauteing pork in olive oil, garlic and ginger (chopped in small pieces).
~After the meat was thoroughly cooked, I added the veggies. Let cook and soften a bit.
~Add about 2 cups of Vegetable Broth
~Add some Fish Sauce (probably just shy of 1/8 cup?...I squirted it on from the bottle)
~Add some soy sauce (maybe about 1/4 cup...I just pour it on)
~Stir (taste the broth to make sure it's where you want it)
~Then I added the softened rice noodles on top of the veggies (covered it).
~Then let it simmer for a while. (I didn't stir the noodles in, just let them sit on top of the veggies and pork and the Rice Noodles essentially steam cooked. I saw this by watching my friend, Nomingo, cook up some authentic food. This totally changed the way I view stir~fry and makes it much easier than mixing all together and getting mushy)!!!!!!!!!
~After about 5-10 minutes of simmering you can stir it all together, and put in a huge serving tray or bowl.
~Garnish with lots of freshly chopped Green Onions
This stuff was so awesome. Don't be afraid to try fish sauce....it seriously makes the dish really good. My husband usually adds a lot of sauce to his dishes, but he didn't add anything this time. You can add hot sauce if you want it spicy. This was amazing.
Seriously amazing....Organic Beet Juice and organic Apple juice served over ice. Great combination! And my kids loved it.


One-Two parts Beet juice to Three parts Apple juice.


No comments:
Post a Comment
My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!