Vegetarian Dishes
Quinoa~Curry~Chickpea Salad
&
Fennel~Tomato~Cucumber Salad
It's finally hot here! 90 degrees and we don't have air condition.
It usually doesn't get this hot!
Yesterday night I made these cold salads. Nothing sounds better, and we're generally not wanting too much to eat, when it's this hot.
Several years ago my friend, Abigail, introduced to me adding fennel to the traditional tomato & cucumber salad. I looove it and have been making it ever since. I'm always looking for creative ways to add a veggie we don't always eat. She adds feta cheese to hers, but Josiah doesn't like feta so we put it on the side. The thing I like about these salads together is that you can mix it all up if you're in the mood...feta and all... and eat as one dish.
I'm always looking for vegetarian dishes to make....feel free to pass on your favorite recipe to me!
I hate using measuring spoons. These salads are simple to make and taste great any way that you make it. So I just sprinkle with seasonings until I get the taste I want. ;)
Quinoa~Curry~Chickpea Salad (a great dish for curry)
Make quinoa as the instructions on package.
When just about done and there is still a little water to soak up, add about 1 cup of frozen peas & half can of chick peas.
Add about 1 tsp curry powder or more for taste.
A few shakes of Adoba
A few shakes of garlic powder
Sprinkle with Kosher salt to desired taste
Stir and let finish cooking.
Sprinkle with walnuts if you like nuts. It gives it a nice texture.
Fennel~Tomato~Cucumber Salad
Cut fennel however you want. I like making tiny pieces. I usually use the herb on the fennel too but there wasn't any to use so I just used the stalk. (Thanks for fennel tip Abby!!)
2 Small cucumbers (cut in slices~ I like using the really small ones... the ones that are the same circumference as the grape tomatos)
12 Grape tomatos (cut in half)
I use olive oil for salads since I don't care for the strong taste of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Use your favorite oil for this salad, sprinkle with Kosher Salt & garlic salt or pepper to get the taste you want!
Isn't that the weirdest grape? Makes me wonder how it grew like that.... Elee got this when we ate at Ruby Tuesdays at the airport in DE~troit.

No comments:
Post a Comment
My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!