Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Running~ The man with the dress belt

It's mid July already and the weather here has been like Spring. It was in the 50's-60's this past weekend...whaaaaat? Raining. Cold. Its really hard to believe that we are smack in the middle of summer. This morning however was perfect for running...low 60's and the sun started shining!

There's something super cool about waking earlier in the morning and running before most people are awake or at work. What a cool way to start the day. The sun peeked through the coulds, gracing me with it's presence which will always put a smile on my face.

It's hard running without my Garmin GPS watch, but at the same time it's kind of nice stepping out of the house simply for the ?joy? of running and not worrying about my pace. I logged in about 7.5 -8 miles this morning without Pacey. Running more than 6 miles with the jogger is a little bit harder so I wanted to wake up early to get a long run in before Pace woke up since I didn't do it this weekend. I realize after running the Half Marathon last weekend that Pace is my Personal Trainer during the week. Running with a jogger makes it a lot easier running on my own!

 After about the 5th mile this morning, a man stepped out from a side path and started jogging along my same direction. He was wearing a polo shirt, yellow dress shorts and a dress belt. A dress belt!!! He started off at a pretty good pace & thinking he was going to go faster than me,  I slowed down a bit...seriously for like a second, and then settled back into my pace making sure to pass him just as quickly as he stepped out in front of me. I just couldn't let a man wearing a dress belt go faster than me. I know, I'm pathetic, but that was my thought at the moment, so I picked up my stride and kept going. I stopped to stretch my legs and hips a little further down the trail, and there he was, the man with the dress belt, coming up not too far behind me on the trail. 

I started off running again, picking up my pace as I finished the 6th-ish or 7th-ish mile before I had to turn off to my bakery for some fresh brotchen before heading home. I 'slightly' turned my head to see if I could see the man with the dress belt, and he was down a ways and finally no longer in sight before I had to make my turn. 

I did it. I beat the man wearing the dress belt this morning.

What a mental mind game running is. 


I didn't have any pictures of today...no jogging stroller to carry the camera.  I remember snapping these photos a few months ago at the start of Spring & this was the same route I ran today.

Josiah stayed home sick that day with a slight temp. He didn't want to stay home during my run so he came along. I thought the fresh air would do him some good too. It was a gorgeous Spring day.

... in front of our house







I love this picture of the ?Wisteria? framing the door. And it smelled so good too. 

1 comment:

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!