We've been able to eat our homegrown lettuce a few times before we leave on summer vacation. It was so delicious and it's fun to eat knowing that we grew it with no pesticides. Although I'm thinking I like pesticides for lettuce since there are a lot of bugs you have to wash out. LOL!
I've been asked by a few people what I put in my dressing. Normally I gauge everything and rarely use measuring scoops for this kind of thing, but I thought I'd throw a 'real' recipe together. It's Asian inspired with soy sauce. Yes, that's our soy sauce JUG! I use it for just about all of my marinades too.
My Recipe for the Best Salad dressing ever:
You can have fun changing up the amount of ingredients and what you use. If you have no lime, try using an orange! If you don't have Rice Vinegar, then leave it out~ sometimes I don't add it.
- 3/4 Cup olive oil (you can use olive oil but I prefer the taste of Olive Oil for salads)
- 1/2 Tbls (heaping) of freshly chopped Ginger
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar (or a little more)
- 2 tsp (heaping) of Honey
- 1/2 of a lime juiced
This is what you'll need...
All made and ready to eat...
~Homemade dressing on our homegrown lettuce! Amazing!
~Candied pecans, feta, tomatoes, and homegrown lettuce



This salad dressing looks delicious! And I hope you're enjoying your visit to the States! Greetings from Atlanta. ;-)
ReplyDelete