Last week I received a package from my Dad and Deb. It took over a month to get here and was a birthday present from them. I was so excited to get all the treats inside. A Crystal Rock candle, lip balm, teacup and small pot, so many cute things.
I don't think I mentioned it yet but my dad sold his house (in Michigan). It was totally a blessing from God since the housing market is terrible and people have been having a really hard time selling homes. The first buyer that came through wanted it!! I'm sure the legal stuff has to go through, so we are just praying it will all work out. My dad's house is beautiful though and even renovated (by a commercial contractor) for handicap accessibility which is where we took care of my mom until her passing in 2008 and later where my dad took care of his dad.
It is so bitter sweet to me. On one hand, there are so many memories there. I had Elee, Luna Jane, and Pace while living there. After getting out of the Navy my husband and I lived there to help take care of my mom. And yet now, it's way too big for my dad, and he's ready to start another life adventure! It'll be fun to have one last party there this summer when we go home to the States for a month. My older boys are so sad that it's sold.
While getting ready to sell the house my dad and his girlfriend (who was my midwife for our last two children...how cool is that?) where going through some things. They found my mom's old dress from the 70's, and with Deb's prompting, "This is so Maggie", just had to send it to me. This dress was in the package too. This is the dress that my mom wore on their honeymoon! It fits great. And guess what? It's the perfect outfit to go with the platforms....;)
I know...it's way short for my liking. I have shorts on underneath it though. I tried longer leggings and it just didn't look right.
The look~
Vintage Dress~ My mom's
Purple Heart Velvet Wrap necklace~ 1 Euro (about $1.50 at a shop in Wiesbaden)
Native American Turquoise & Sterling Silver Feather Earrings~ my mom's
Light Turquoise & Beige Platforms~ Urban Outfitters





Oh, wow...this is just awesome.
ReplyDeleteThe unknown was me...I always post before logging in. Love you Maggie. There's lots more waiting for you here. Like Mom's old worn out Bible and one of the things I picked for you guys was Grandpa Don's Bible...it's worn out too. That's a beautiful thing.
ReplyDeleteGreat! You know, I never knew who it was!! Now I do. LOL! Is there a way you can change that? hahha. Love you so much!
Deletelogged in and still unknown??? Hmmm...guess who?
ReplyDeleteisn't it crazy how attached we get to our homes? we built ours which took 14 months and every time i mention the word moving (one day if a job would require it) my husband just ignores me ;) I don't think he ever wants to leave there. Maybe it's easier for me because I already left my home in germany and moved to the states?
ReplyDelete