We're here! We made it! It was a long 9 hour flight with the kids by myself across the Atlantic. The people in front of us were not happy at the kids kicking their seats the entire time. But really....do you have to have your seat back even during the meal? Pace had no room for his legs (because of the car seat, but it totally provided me complete sanity while flying with them). He did so good! The people in front of us were totally inpatient, and even had me crying...saying I inconvenienced them the entire flight. But what was I to do? They had their seat back the entire time and he could reach it! He's two years old! So their attitude had me getting after the kids to constantly stop kicking the seats. That was the only thing that sucked. I apologized many times, and I tried offering them some gum before landing...they didn't accept it, but I thought I'd try a gesture of kindness. What can you do? Otherwise, the kids were great!
We got here on Friday afternoon and the past three days we've been waking up at 4AM. 4AM!!!!! I'm sleep deprived and Richie's not here yet. He'll be coming in this Friday. We'll stay here in the Washington DC area until next Tuesday and then fly to Detroit. From there we'll be in the Detroit area and also drive to NY to spend a week with Richie's family! It feels good to be home and enjoy this time with family. By God's grace for REALZ I have not had a migraine! Last December when we flew here, I had a migraine for three straight days because of the lack of sleep and time change. But I firmly believe God knows I need all the help I can get without Richie here. Thank you Lord!
I ordered my camera and had it shipped here to my sister's house. It. is. AWESOME! I got the new Canon Rebel EOS t4i DSLR camera (paid for by selling at three FleaMarkets). This morning I've been reading the instruction manual...oh what fun.
I definitely need some practice with it, but this camera is amazing! Touch screen even! Here are some shots from the weekend....
I also got some shopping in at the Outlet Mall here. Amazing deals and also some nice quality clothing! Thank you Nordstrom Rack! It's also nice to be able to try clothes on before buying them for a change. I don't shop a lot in Germany, other than online like Amazon etc, and then the occasionally H & M stop. So, now is the time to stock up. On my list are shoes for the kids and clothes for us. I also picked up a Rubber Watch from Fossil for $45 for myself~ something comfortable to wear everyday and not too dressy.
She sat down to listen to these guys and was so generously interested in the music. It was so neat!
We got here on Friday afternoon and the past three days we've been waking up at 4AM. 4AM!!!!! I'm sleep deprived and Richie's not here yet. He'll be coming in this Friday. We'll stay here in the Washington DC area until next Tuesday and then fly to Detroit. From there we'll be in the Detroit area and also drive to NY to spend a week with Richie's family! It feels good to be home and enjoy this time with family. By God's grace for REALZ I have not had a migraine! Last December when we flew here, I had a migraine for three straight days because of the lack of sleep and time change. But I firmly believe God knows I need all the help I can get without Richie here. Thank you Lord!
I ordered my camera and had it shipped here to my sister's house. It. is. AWESOME! I got the new Canon Rebel EOS t4i DSLR camera (paid for by selling at three FleaMarkets). This morning I've been reading the instruction manual...oh what fun.
I definitely need some practice with it, but this camera is amazing! Touch screen even! Here are some shots from the weekend....
I also got some shopping in at the Outlet Mall here. Amazing deals and also some nice quality clothing! Thank you Nordstrom Rack! It's also nice to be able to try clothes on before buying them for a change. I don't shop a lot in Germany, other than online like Amazon etc, and then the occasionally H & M stop. So, now is the time to stock up. On my list are shoes for the kids and clothes for us. I also picked up a Rubber Watch from Fossil for $45 for myself~ something comfortable to wear everyday and not too dressy.
Josiah with his DS of course.
We found out Andy wasn't going to be in Michigan, and I won't be seeing him at all during our trip here. So I facebook bombed him with these....hoping he could get out of his work training.
this was a luna doing a monster. so scary right?
Local Farmer's Market on Sunday was a blast. The kids each got a dollar. Luna got doughnuts with hers, and the boys got peaches.
Signature Chad move
She sat down to listen to these guys and was so generously interested in the music. It was so neat!
at the Farmer's Market with some friends...
We made it to the Outlet Mall and I picked up these great necklaces at Fossil. Both for $20 total! They are normally $40 ish dollars each. I usually sport my Turquoise necklaces, and I'm picky about 'faux' jewelry. But these I thought were pretty cool. The one on the right is super soft micro suede.
















Love catching up on your life Maggie! Great pics too :) I'm itching for a DSLR!! Have fun in the USA!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rebecca! I saved a long time for it...well...several months and three FleaMarkets. ;) That's a long time for me. LOL! You have great pictures even without the DSLR!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteI have the same camera Maggie. Once you get used to it it’s easy and fun to use. Have fun visiting family and if you get a moment we would love to see you guys while you are in the states.
DeleteThanks Carrie! That would be great. Maybe we could meet up for ice cream or something. It's hard because we don't have a cell phone. I'll get in contact with you though!
DeleteGreat pics with the new camera!!! Can't wait for the "in person" time, tho!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!
ReplyDeleteI know! It will be great and our time here is going to FLY by. Still a little jet-lagged. ;)
Delete