Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Saying Goodbye to One of the Best Men I've Ever Known

When people always asked me who my 'hero' was I'd always say My Papa Don. He was a man of great faith and we would often have fun talking about Bible stuff. He was so unselfish and always asked how others were doing. When I would call and talk to him he never complained of aches and pains but would ask me how I was doing with the migraines, & would ask about the kids and Richie. I'm grateful for having talked to him two weeks ago. We had a great talk and I got to tell him about our son, Elee accepting Jesus into his heart!

He passed away on Sunday. It really sucks to be so far away, and to have so many things in the way of not being able to come home. I really wish I could be there.....not to 'say' goodbye..because I enjoyed him while he was on this earth..but to be with my family during this time and to mourn with them. We lost a great man. I'm happy for him that he can finally be with Jesus and with Grandma Dorothy and my mom, and other family and friends that have gone before us into heaven.

Papa Don was the only one I'd let call me Maggie when I was little, & he's the reason I go by my nickname Maggie today. It's really hard to express how much I'm going to miss him. 

I love you Papa Don.... and you forever hold a special place in my heart. 
Love,
Your Maggie


My brother & Stephy's wedding 2008


 Papa Don & Luna 2008

Picking Raspberries!

August 2011

Papa Don & Grandma Dorothy have 6 kids
22 Grandkids
and 40 something great grandkids!


The Psalms
127

A Song of degrees for Solomon.
1 
Except the LORD build the house,
        
they labor in vain that build it:
except the LORD keep the city,
the watchman waketh but in vain.
2 
It is vain for you to rise up early,
        
to sit up late,
to eat the bread of sorrows:
for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
3 
Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD:
        
and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man;
        
so are children of the youth.
5 
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them:
        
they shall not be ashamed,
but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

2 comments:

  1. Awe your grandpa was so cute! I'm sorry you weren't able to attend the funeral services ): Your family will be in my prayers tonight! If you need anything let me know!

    xx
    Cecilia
    dearestlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Cecilia! I appreciate the prayers so much!

    hugs,
    maggie

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!