Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

A day with Pace~ & high-waisted pants


Pace and I had a wonderful day together. After a week of him having a fever, we took a Friday morning and went to the Mall and walked around since it was so cold. We got drinks at Starbucks, looked at the toys at Toys R US and bought a mystery Hot Wheel pack for $2, and shared a plate of noodles for lunch. After that we headed to Elee's class for his Valentine's celebration. It was a great morning and special time with Pace.

In March, Pace will be an 'Essens Kind' where he'll eat lunch at the Kindergarten Monday through Thursday. Right now he always looks forward to Wednesdays when he eats at the Kindergarten, and in March it will be more often.  In some ways I know this will be great for him because he's bored sitting at home with me until the others get home from school.  He speaks the entire time in Kindergarten in German so I know this is going to help him feel more comfortable with speaking and hopefully open the door for him to speak with me in German. Even though I ask him questions about his day auf Deutsch and speak with other parents in German, he will only respond to me in English. It's interesting how he separates it. When we have German friends come over he'll immediately switch to German, but then with me, even if I speak German to him, he'll respond in English. 

Even though I know it will be a great opportunity for him, my heart breaks a little at the realization that my baby isn't such a baby anymore. I had two dreams last week that he was an infant and I was nursing him. This is tough for me! 

I love the opportunity to live here in Deutschland. It enables me look at the world differently. It makes me appreciate other cultures and I feel fortunate to be able to live it while learning it. It gives me motivation to consistently try and learn this language and forces me to use my brain. It truly opens my eyes to see our lives through a lens of a different culture and I love that!



I love this kid's smile
Grey Any high-waisted pants~Thrifted (under $5)
Faux fur leopard cropped jacket~ Thrifted ($2)
Knit slouch beanie hat~ S. Oliver (6 euro on sale)
Free People Green cropped vest~ old
Free People cropped oversized tee~ old

Pace loves wearing his New Balance shoes; his 'running shoes' as he calls them. His favorite clothes are athletic t-shirts or pants that he calls 'soccer clothes'. 

What a steal for $5!

They were really happy to see each other and be together for Elee's Valentine's party.

Richie got his girls some flowers for Valentine's Day. Richie rode his bike home and had them stuffed in his back pack. It was so cute when he called Luna to the kitchen and pulled out a bunch of roses for her. She was so excited and had to put them in a vase in her room. 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Does Richie ask you if I dressed you when you wear those jeans? I'm sure not...but the kids always tease me about pulling their pants up to their "waists!" I can't believe Pacey will be FIVE in a month! Where has the time gone? So thankful for your blog and FaceTime to be able to see all of you while you're away! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!