Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Mustard & Mahogany~ Angora Hoodie & Pencil Skirt + Detox

Do you think they make full bodysuits out of Angora? lolol. This angora hoodie is incredibly soft I want to wear it all day!! I picked it up in Amsterdam from one of the Vintage shops for 25 euro. I was looking for exactly this color to go with the mahogany pencil skirt! We had parent/teacher conferences last week for Luna and Elee so it was a nice opportunity to wear it. We had good reports for both. ;) Luna is getting better with reading, and Elee is doing well too.

It's been a rough week on a few levels. Richie and I started a 21 day detox to name just one. I've been having stomach problems for one year and the antacid pills weren't fully working so it's about time to make some changes. This is the first true detox I've ever done other than just for a weekend. I feel kind of clueless because it says 'no gluten' but I think gluten free bread is okay for a snack? To be honest I didn't read through the entire book, but I started with the top 10 rules listed below. I borrowed it from a friend and gave it back before ours had come in the mail. We wanted to start it as soon as possible so we could enjoy some Gluhwein at the Christmas Markets this December. Christmas Markets with no Gluhwein or Kinderpunsch?? So we started before the book came and the book came yesterday so I can finish reading it!

I stopped taking my antacid pills at the start of the Detox!! It's interesting to notice what my body is reacting or not reacting to already! I'm writing down everything that I'm eating so I'll have a big boring blog post about all the foods that we've eaten and the results when we're done. Here's the basic outline for Dr. Joshi's Detox....




No Coffee or decaf coffee or tea (except herbal)
No Fruit (except bananas)
No Dairy
No Red meat
No Wheat, Gluten, Yeast
No Sugar, Chocolate or sweets
No Alcohol
No jams/spreads except for honey (shoot I used Sunbutter-Sunflower seed butter)
No artificially produced flavourings (ketchup, mustard etc)
No Biscuits, Cakes, Doughnuts

I think the hardest part is no coffee!! And I miss my German breads! This is toooouuugh!
It's Friday and so far I've done great with no snacking. In the end I know my stomach will thank me.
Mustard Angora Hoodie~ 25 euro
Mustard Top (H&M)~ 10 euro (on sale) 
Mahogany Pencil Skirt (Zara)~ 29 euro
Tights & Boots (old)



This verse touched me today...

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. ~ Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!