Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Couples Weekend getaway~ Zac Brown Band and first trip to New York City

Our couples weekend in July was amazing. I have to say it was probably the pinnacle of our summer! Chad's friend, Rusty who is the Executive Chef for the Eat & Greet for the Zac Brown Band was impressive! The food was unbelievable and he let us hang out by 'Cookie', where they do the eat and greet. Along with 'All Access' passes, they even let Richie and I serve the food to the people alongside the band! We couldn't get pictures of that but it was a great memory, and an enjoyable time. Thanks Rusty and to the whole gang of chefs who made us feel special! Laura and I battled headaches that night which suuuuucked. I think we were so anticipating this weekend and the time with our hubbies (without kids) that we got too excited. Regardless, it was a night full of fun and makin' memories.









My favorite...Jimmy


Now to NYC for a night!
 First stop, The Halal Guys. It's a street stand with Halal Kabob, and chicken schwarma. 


Times Square

We got to stay at the Waldorf Astoria. 
In front of the Stanton Social, a Tapas restaurant owned by Chris Santos. 
Of course I have to mention to the outfits! I wish you could see the back of this dress. It's a jersey open and low back with ruched sides- $13 at Forever 21. It took me a long time to find the perfect dress to wear in NYC and it was only $13!! I got Laura's 'fit & flare' dress at Nordstrom Rack on super sale for $15. 

Amazing desserts!

In front of Beauty & Essex (also owned by Chris Santos).
After dinner we walked next door to Beauty Essex. We were with Tom who buys the food for both of the restaurants. We walked upstairs to a type of lounge-bar area and the wait staff had people move for us to sit down, and then two men brought out stools for our group to sit on. I felt like we were in the movies! The room was a sea of people and everyone parted out of the way. We got royal treatment. They had a really great drink list as well. I tried the Pink Panther which has gin and pink peppercorn syrup with peppercorns on the rim. Fantastic! Thanks Tom!


The laaaadies. 
We even went to the bathroom to have a glass of champagne. 

RUMP TOW?..can you guess where this is?

Brunch at Marea's on Richie's Birthday!
The best Oysters I ever had...and the most expensive brunch we've ever had. It was worth it. 

A stroll in Central Park




My beautiful sister. I miss you already. 

Thank you Chad and Laura for such a great couples weekend with you guys. "It's all about makin' memories." 

Where were the kids that weekend? Dad and Debra watched all SIX kids while for us to have a weekend away. Thank you so much!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Great weekend for sure except when you got lost in the park, Richie left you, "the other guy in the park we won't talk about" and getting back in time so we could go to brunch!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!