Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Random updates in pictures

I've been feeling really sick lately. After my endoscopy and dealing with some stomach issues (something beyond gastritis), I contracted Pink Eye, had a fever for a few days, had a severe migraine with throwing up (nothing out of the ordinary), lost my voice, and then got a cold most of which while Richie was away with work. 

I'm feeling better with a little more energy so I'm so grateful for that! I went to the doctor today because the medicine for my stomach wasn't working. I sure hope it helps now. I want to feel better! I have to change my diet a bit the next few weeks which I've already gradually started doing. No alcohol, no coffee, no chocolate, no citrus. Kind of sounds like I'm fasting for Lent but in this case it's because I have to. I can't believe that the Ibuprofen that I took for my migraines is the culprit and now I have to watch what I eat. The good side, is that I'm glad to know now before it got worse. So that's the news with me. 

On to more fun stuff like kids getting haircuts, and learning to ride bikes and losing teeth........


Before
After




After Josiah got his haircut a couple months ago, Elee wanted to get one too. He likes it! He likes it! He got this at the end of January.













It was a fun date.

Elee taught Pace how to ride his bike last month. Check out the video! It was my first time using iMovie so a few things were cut out, and I didn't get it just like I wanted, but it makes me laugh. Pace loves watching it.




I don't know how kids learn to ride these but Josiah finally has it mastered.

Luna lost another tooth!! We woke up to Luna screaming and wondering what happened. The mean 'ol tooth fairy forgot to come...again. I think it must be on a different timezone. Fairy happened to come in the middle of the day after Luna cleaned her room and was playing outside. Everything was better when she found the box set of Gigi Princess books under her pillow.



Movie night last weekend..just plain cute.

She took a tumble in the Grocery store parking lot.

Luna got her first sewing lesson yesterday.
"It's a cape for my Barbie."

Fermenting:
Pickled limes, Salsa, Kimchi

Salsa and Kimchi were a success...they fermented for a week each and then into the refrigerator (now all eaten) I'm bummed because fermented things might not be the best for my stomach at the moment. I have to let my stomach heal.
The limes/lemons were fermented on the counter for about 5 days, and then put into the refrigerator. I will wait three weeks until I use them. I want to use pickled limes in a Moroccan Chicken recipe and on salads.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, sorry, you are still having problems with your stomach. hope the medicine helps, Love all the pictures of the kids, Elee hair cut makes him look older, like it very much. and Congratulations to Pace, learning to ride his bike, Elee did a good job teaching him. Had a great time in Florida. Will be mailing out Pace's birthday present on Monday. I picked it up today at the post office.

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!