I'm really excited have a minute to sit down, play with pictures and to write. I don't consider myself a good writer at all. At all. I think I got a C in English/Writing which was my worst grade... ever. I have friends that write books, friends that should write books, and then there is me. Lol. ;) See what I mean! Am I even aloud to write 'lol' and smiley faces if it's not on Facebook or in a text? Oh, and by the way, I don't text (it's 30 cents and minute). No Iphone or Blackberry for me either. Richie has outlawed that one before I would've thought to get one. I think that's because of my addictive personality. But that's for an entirely different post. This is the main way I get to express myself with artsy stuff, putting outfits together, whether it's good or bad. At least I get to 'get it out', LOL's, smiley faces, and all. Don't judge me.
Tapestry/Carpet Coats & Velvet Pilcro Pants
Ever since buying this coat years ago, I've been a Chenille-Velvet Brocade Junkie. I bought the blue and black Brocade coat from Ebay last summer for only $40. I made some curtains from fabric purchased at MOOD, and most recently I bought a similar couch and two rolling chairs for $50 second hand.
The coats with a velvet Pilcro pant has become my favorite outfit this season. I ordered both pants from Anthroplogie for only $30 each last year. The best part is they s t r e t c h!! Hooray for spandex baby! I got them in two different sizes and I prefer the smaller since they acutally stretch quite a bit. Each brand and style is different so it's hard to know how it will actually fit. 'Pilco and the Letterpress' (aka Pilco) run true to size. Anthropologie now has a Pilcro Velvet Legging (linked below)....not on sale at the moment! Bummer.
I like playing with the tone on tone together. What do you think, is it okay, or is it too matchy-matchy?
I like the teal, blue, turquoise and black together. Normally I wouldn't wear black and navy together, but this combination works for me. I hope?
similar pant here at Anthropologie...
http://www.anthropologie.eu/anthro/product/search/7122442580780.jsp?cm_vc=SEARCH_RESULTS






No comments:
Post a Comment
My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!