Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Last weekend fun & firsts!

Last weekend was so much fun! We had Josiah's first soccer game of the season and Elee ran his first 5k race. It rained the entire morning so we got really wet watching the game and Elee and Richie got soaked running.

I wish I had been there to watch Elee finish his race, but Josiah's soccer game was at the same time. Richie was able to run with Elee and they had a really good and fast time. Elee ran it in 26:40!! That's awesome for his first 5k! He started running cross country this year (he only had one practice before the race but Richie has been running with the boys). A couple days ago he even asked Richie to go running. He's been really enjoying it and it makes us really happy that he has found an outlet to get his energy out and that it's something he really enjoys doing.

Josiah did amazing in the game and made one goal and one assist. His teacher even came out in the rain to watch him and two others in his class. They won 8-2. I wish I could've taken better pictures but it was hard trying to stay dry under the super small duckie umbrella.





we had fun on the sidelines too...










back at home and all clean and dry....


who says you can't wear pink, red, polka dots, stripes and animal print together? 

getting warmed up with hot cocoa




We bought a gärtopf (fermenting pot) for Richie's birthday. He tried making a batch of Sauerkraut a few weeks ago but it wasn't that good. This weekend Richie fermented salsa. It's actually really, really delicious. Lots of yummy bacteria. Mmmm. I really want to try fermented pickles next.



Our agenda for this weekend??? It's our 6th Annual Ping Pong Balls of Fury Tournament! Can't wait to see what everyone will be wearing this year! Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!