Being comfortable is my number one need and desire because I'm at home with the kids every day. Of course, I don't want to look like I just rolled out of bed either. I love it when my man comes home and chases me around the house, so I want to be comfortable and looking nice.
As a woman, it's hard not to feel pressure in our appearance. Either we don't wear any makeup and give our appearance no effort because afterall, we don't want to be vain. Or, we try to look nice and then feel 'materialistic'. There were a few years where I lost myself into not caring about my personal appearance at all. I was. oh. so. holy. I wore my glasses everyday (before my day of Lasik). I didn't wear any makeup. I wore flowered shirts (gag) only because it was 'on sale' for $0.99 and not something that I really liked or suited me.
None of that would have mattered at all if I had felt like myself, but the reality was, I didn't. I allowed myself to feel guilty for wanting to be beautiful, a desire most of us woman have within us. Of course, beauty shouldn't come from the outward appearance.
1 Peter 3: 3-4
Your beauty should not come from the outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewlery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
The real work on ourselves needs to be done within. This bible passage isn't saying not to wear gold or jewlery or fine clothes, but that your beauty needs to come from within. Our outward appearance can simply be an expression of what is going on in the inside.
When it comes to putting on my fig leaves, I always come back to what makes me comfortable and what allows me to feel like myself
....and what makes my husband chase me around the living room.
You be you. I'll be me. Do the thing that makes your marriage work and/or if you're not married allows you to feel confident in who God made you. Be yourself and embrace how unique God made you. It will look different on all of us.
If only Adam and Eve didn't eat the fruit in the Garden of Eden, then we wouldn't have to wear any fig leaves. Darn-it!
Being comfortable is my number one need and desire because I'm at home with the kids every day. Of course, I don't want to look like I just rolled out of bed either. I love it when my man comes home and chases me around the house, so I want to be comfortable and looking nice.
As a woman, it's hard not to feel pressure in our appearance. Either we don't wear any makeup and give our appearance no effort because afterall, we don't want to be vain. Or, we try to look nice and then feel 'materialistic'. There were a few years where I lost myself into not caring about my personal appearance at all. I was. oh. so. holy. I wore my glasses everyday (before my day of Lasik). I didn't wear any makeup. I wore flowered shirts (gag) only because it was 'on sale' for $0.99 and not something that I really liked or suited me.
None of that would have mattered at all if I had felt like myself, but the reality was, I didn't. I allowed myself to feel guilty for wanting to be beautiful, a desire most of us woman have within us. Of course, beauty shouldn't come from the outward appearance.
1 Peter 3: 3-4
Your beauty should not come from the outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewlery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
The real work on ourselves needs to be done within. This bible passage isn't saying not to wear gold or jewlery or fine clothes, but that your beauty needs to come from within. Our outward appearance can simply be an expression of what is going on in the inside.
When it comes to putting on my fig leaves, I always come back to what makes me comfortable and what allows me to feel like myself
....and what makes my husband chase me around the living room.
You be you. I'll be me. Do the thing that makes your marriage work and/or if you're not married allows you to feel confident in who God made you. Be yourself and embrace how unique God made you. It will look different on all of us.
If only Adam and Eve didn't eat the fruit in the Garden of Eden, then we wouldn't have to wear any fig leaves. Darn-it!
My favorite comfy pant~ The Harem pant (a.k.a. MC "can't touch this" Hammer pant)
Warning: you may want to break down and start doing the MC Hammer dance with these on. Don't worry, it's completely normal.
These pants are so comfortable. I get a breeze as if it's a skirt and yet I don't have to sit like a 'lady' and I can easily play and run with the kids. I'm addicted to them and wear them several times throughout the week. If you can't find these kind in the stores just yet, you can order them from Ebay.
I bought these at a Market in Israel two years ago. Although I had other jersey cotton pairs, this was my first pair in the woven style.
I bought these at a Market in Italy for 10 euro.
I bought these on Ebay. Not woven but very comfortable.
You can get a similar pair like these on Ebay too.


So funny Maggie, I actually ordered a pair on ebay - I think they must be from the same seller (in India) that you got them because it's the same pattern! The ones you gave me have too many holes now....I still wear them but I had to get another pair. :)
ReplyDeletegirl, you're crazy. i told you i'd buy you a NEW pair and you wanted the old ones. i'll get you a cool woven pair when we travel. what color did you get? the brown one is the plum....and i ordered a new pair too. LOLOL!
ReplyDelete