Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Anxiety and travel plans

Boy how I blew it this week! It's been a rough week for me. And not being anxious about getting our tickets? You can use me as an example of what not to do because I failed big time. I got angry. I was mean. Every day for a week and a half we were on the phone with someone trying to get our tickets for our upcoming flight to the States. It stinks we had to wait until last minute, but we had to see if Richie's work in the States would be funded so that we could all go together. With the government sequester and the furlough, everything takes longer to get funding. As soon as we found out he had the funding to go, our search was on and so was the start of our stress for one and a half weeks. Our plans and our tickets had changed at least five times. One time of which, our reserved tickets to leave yesterday got cancelled because the guy who had reserved our tickets through the government travel office came into work late. Oh. my. goodness. To be at the mercy of other people...so many emotions and frustrations, no patience and so stressed out. That's actually the short story. 

The really short story is we now have our tickets! 
Hal-leh-lu-ier!!! 

AND as a bonus, all of our bags are packed because of the date change to next week....so... I've chosen to sit, rest, and relax until next week and use this as a time refreshing until we go. Now if only I would've done this before-hand!! It's hard to do when you're in the middle of everything, but I must say I would've made life a lot easier for myself.

I don't think we're called to master all these things on our own~ no anxiety, no worry, not getting frustrated. These things are bound to creep up and happen in our lives and sometimes we will fail. And when we fail we need to remind ourselves of what to do.
Thank you God for a sense of humor and lovely hormones. Hey, you know...always be thankful. ;) God definitely saw me through this past week! 

The good news is we don't have to do it on our own! I need to remind myself of this often. 

Like the Apostle Paul says, give it to God in prayer. HE is our peace and our strength. 

1 Peter 5:7~ Cast all your anxiety upon him because he cares for you.


Philippians 4:6-7~ Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. 




1 comment:

  1. Just think of how rewarding it will be when you are reunited with your family. Thinking of you! <3

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!