16 years old....my dress of course!
going alone to a wedding...me. ;(
I wore this dress to my prom 16 years ago! I've worn it to two proms, two weddings and to our wedding reception in NY (almost 14 years ago). It's cool that I have things that old in my closet that I'll still wear. It's exciting that I can still fit in it, and knowing that I can divide how much I paid for the dress by how many times I've worn it. My brain just works that way.
We were so excited to have a night to ourselves and with our friends. Richie dropped the kids off at our close friends house while I prepared things to go. We headed out, then Richie got sick in the van. We had to turn around and bring him back home; thankfully it was only 20 minutes into the drive. He pulled his back out two nights before too so he was in a lot of pain. Poor Richie. Our friends were watching the kids, Richie was sick and encouraged me to go, (what was I going to do at home?) so I decided to go to the wedding anyways... alone. ;(
I got to the wedding really late because what was supposed to be around a two hour drive, ended up being a four and a half hour drive because of two traffic jams (STAU). And on top of it, I love how my Navi doesn't show the traffic jam until I'm already in it.
I really dislike driving. I'll be a passenger any day. I'm not the type that needs to be in control behind the wheel. I'd rather prop my feet up, drink a coffee and talk your ear off to keep you awake.
Note to self, Phillips milk-of-magnesia, is NOT like Pepto for upset stomach and is not recommended to take before going to a wedding. After taking it, it was a crappy realization (pun intended) that it could produce a bowel movement in 1/2 hour- 6 hours. thankfully I was okay, but man my stomach kept churning....lovely.
I got a headache by the end of the night, and so wish I had taken more pictures. At least I got a great shot of the happy couple the morning after. Congratulations Johannes and Steffi!!!! It was a beautiful night and super cool to be surrounded by your family and friends. We're so happy for you guys!!!!
(wedding date~ June 1st)


No comments:
Post a Comment
My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!