I remember so vividly giving birth to Pace. I was completely dilated with no pain, yet he wouldn't come down and nothing was happening. Deb, my midwife, had put a little hole in the sac to break the water to get things moving along (after hours of laboring and nothing really happening). The water finally 'popped' and he started making his way down. Shortly after that, I was finally able to start pushing. Then I was asked not to push. His heart rate was going down when I pushed and Deb made a call to the Doctor 'just in case'. I was able to push him out in about 3 or 4 contractions once he was down. He came out, cord wrapped around his neck and body. After Deb got the cord untangled he was immediately put on my chest. Our tiny little baby (8pounds 9 ounces) made his way here! Our fourth miracle!
The Gifaldi boys
We had no name picked out but I had been praying and praying for God to give us a name with a meaning. We didn't know if we would have a boy or a girl either. After he was born, we had thought, "What about Pace since he came at his own pace?" We also thought it would be a form of 'peace' too. When we got home from the hospital we googled it. We found that it was Hebrew origin for Passover which is 'Pesach' (פסח) as well. He was born right around Easter and Passover. Then we realized he was born on the first day of Passover!
God gave him a name with meaning!
This is Pace's day......
peeps and rabbits were missing body parts.......josiah was the guilty party
typical josiah....in shorts...in freezing weather
he loves his new 'big' bike
Our church had an Easter Picnic with an egg hunt for the kids
Pace's birthday cake








So sweet! I LOVE the video!! :)
ReplyDelete