Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Big Boy Pace~ No more...

Some big events at our house!!!! Mostly, they are about Pace, but these are some big milestones!

~No more nunu's for Pacy! 
Santy Claus took them away at Christmas. How nice it is to blame someone that doesn't live in the house. Occasionally he'll bring up Santa Claus and the nunu's...but he hasn't been asking for them. We had him go 'cold turkey' baby....and it worked well! I'm actually very surprised since he loved chomping on those things. It took 2 nights of asking for it (and two days without) and he stopped asking. This was the longest we let any of our kids use one. 2.5 years is a long time! He was very particular about the kind too. It had to be a MAM. He got to the point where he was chewing off the nipple and it was scaring me. Anyways, he found one downstairs and brought it to me the other night without putting it in his mouth, saying something about Santy Claus missing one. Haha. 

~No more gate at the stairs! 
We took it down over the kids break and it has been so nice! No more lifting a heavy laundry basket over the gate. No pole that we have to step on or watch out for. It make the stairs look so much more clean. Did I mention no more heavy laundry basket we have to lift over the gate? ;)

~No more crib for Pace!
Since Christmas break, the boys have been sleeping in the same room! Pace does so much better now that he's sleeping in the same room as the boys. I think he was lonely.

And now...we have an official guest room. We still have the crib set up as a day bed and may leave it up for our friends with kids. Or, we may take it down since we have a pack n play that can be used when needed. Not sure what we'll do. I feel fortunate for all the space that we have that's for sure. 


~No more nap for Pace
I've also been skipping Pace's nap time. He falls asleep so much better at night with no nap now. It's not a set thing, if he needs one I'll give him one. But for now, it works well to pick Luna up from K, and then give them lunch and let them play together. They've been getting along so well! It's really funny to overhear their conversations. Make sure to check out the picture below.


Our big 'baby' boy...We were having some coffee together. Well, I was having the coffee and he was having some 'chaum' froth and trying to steal my coffee. He loves his milk froth. Makes me think it's going to be really hard on me when he starts Kindergarten this April. I'm so enjoying these little moments. I asked for a kiss and he gave me one and said, "coffee one"!! He looooves trying to steal sips of my coffee, so he must've liked my coffee breath. So I said, "oh you like that?"and he said, "yesh", and kissed me again. 


Elee found this last night. Made me sad. Our baby is really a big boy now. No turning back. 

 No more gate!

Luna and Pace played dress up. They had a lot of fun! This was the second outfit change. The first one was Pace in Luna's Snow White dress.

6 comments:

  1. Love the blog. Roxane is showing how I can answer to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pacey is getting to be such a BIG BOY! Love the "Santy Claus missing one" nunu story! So sweet! Also, love the "dress up" picture...I can hear the giggles through the picture!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they had so much. and it was so entertaining watching the kids do their thing.

      Delete
  3. Mags! I miss you. Are you still on fb? Email me please. I tried to email you, but I must have the wrong email. :(
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey stephanie!! i deactivated my account for a while. might get back on soon. i'll send you an email! xoxo love you and miss. just thinking of you today actually!

      Delete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!