Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving & a great Black Friday deal

Happy late Thanksgiving! I know, it's a little late. So hard for me to balance everything so I've been simply enjoying time with the family and trying to get better from a cold and migraines. I haven't spent much time on the computer. 

I had an MRT done on my right foot on Thanksgiving. The doctor said everything look fine! No stress fracture. So he had me do a CT scan to look at the bones. He noticed that I have an extra bone near my big right toe. He said that's a possibility where the pain could come from (after many years and the structure of it is finally causing the pain). If anything, I was born with the bone, or it happened from a fracture a looong time ago. So, after many more Osteopathic visits, I will hopefully be up and running. I feel like a sloth!

Thanksgiving evening we went with some friends to Little Saigon for Vietnamese food. Not traditional, but we all love noodles and it's our favorite place. I went to take pictures and realized the memory card wasn't in the camera...so no Thanksgiving pictures. Bummer!!!!

My girlfriend, Daniela, and I went out for the second year in a row on Base. We both bought couches of all things! Whatwhat? We couldn't pass up the additional 50% off clearance furniture. Picture below. I got it to replace the 'fire' couch that had damage on it from our computer fire two years ago. We got money from our renters insurance to replace it. So now, our old one is in the basement. 

We came home early from shopping because I got a ginormous migraine and thought I was going to throw up. So I slept for 3 hours in the afternoon! I woke up okay but the migraine came back.  Trying to recuperate and then having to cook to prepare for the Thanksgiving Feast was not a fun combination. 

Richie thought I was crazy as he was unloading it from the van. Him and Dave rearranged the furniture (by rearranging I mean, carrying one down to the basement and one out to the garage). It was a lot of work for them I think, but at least they laughed the entire time.

We had our Thanksgiving meal on Sunday at the house with people from church. There were about 4 hosts and we were one of them. We had about 25 people come! It was nice to be able to have a Thanksgiving American style here in Germany. Everyone loved the American traditional food and Richie even cooked up two Turkey's in the deep fryer. I was too busy to take pictures. So we didn't get any of that either. 



$900 BASSET couch for  $143 (total)!!!!!

Did you enjoy your Thanksgiving? What was your best Black Friday deal if you went shopping??


No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!