Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

First Christmas decorations!

After I get a migraine I'm always in a rush to get things done around the house. Yesterday was no exception. I had a migraine Wednesday...again.

November was a busy month for us. We had the Girly Junk Swap, Elee's Birthday Party, and Hosted Thanksgiving at our house. I'm feeling completely exhausted and rundown. I think it has to do in part with no exercise. I really hope that my foot will start to heal soon. I saw my Osteopath yesterday. After reviewing my CT scan she thinks the pain is caused by the extra bone in my toe. So she worked on that. I really hope it helps.

After dealing with remnants from my migraine two nights ago, I got busy cleaning the house yesterday morning. I organized 6 cupboards that have been bothering me. Six!! They were overflowing with baking pans that I rarely used and Richie's beer glasses so I took them out. Then I vacuumed the cupboards and wiped them down. I feel a great sense of accomplishment knowing I cleaned all that, even though no one else can see it. I even descaled my Water Cooker, and cleaned the microwave.

I put up my first Christmas decorations too. I got the gold stars two years ago at a 50% or 75% off sale. I paid no more than $2 euro each for them. It's simple, but I like it. I had Richie bring down the Christmas tree form the attic last night. I tried by myself but after resting the super heavy box on my head to bring it down the attic, I envisioned myself tumbling down the steps so I waited. Hopefully the Christmas tree will go up today so we can be ready for our advent calendar ornaments.  To get our Christmas tree up by December 1st! Oh the pressure. My friend Jen has been posting about the 'Jesse Tree' on Facebook for a while. It's an Advent Calendar with little portions of reading to do with the family and an ornament to hang on the tree each day as well. She used it last year and she has nothing but good things to say about it. It will be nice to do a mini devotional with the kids everyday, waiting in anticipation for Jesus' birthday celebration!

On a completely different note, Yesterday was the first time Pace came to me and told me he had to go poo poo while still having his pants on! Pace will go poo poo in the potty as long as his diapers off no problem. So yesterday was a mile stone! He had already gone a little bit in the diaper, but he went a LOT more in the potty so I was very excited!


4 comments:

  1. Sorry about your migraine. :(

    What's a water cooker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suz. I went three months without one, and then I'm getting them again. It's a real bummer.

      The water cooker is electric and takes about 3 minutes to heat up water instead of fo-eva with a kettle on the stove. I'm a little impatient. AND it automatically shuts off. Bonus since I have a terrible memory and i've melted a stove top kettle before (even with the whistle). If you drink tea or coffee on a daily basis I totally recommend one!

      Delete
  2. Praying for your Poor little head...love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stars! Simple, but festive! I'm going for the "simple" this year, too. I know, Richie will be SHOCKED!! lol! Hopefully we'll get our tree on Sunday. I do like the idea you have for the tree! What a great way to celebrate.

    YEAH FOR PACEY!!! He's getting to be such a big boy now!!

    I hope you feel better soon and you'll be out running along the Rhine (if I lived there, I would take up running just to do that!...another thing Richie would be shocked at! lol!)

    Feel better and enjoy! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!